Beckett Message Boards
Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. (/thread-1464145.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - rare unreleased - 10-31-2011

(10-31-2011, 02:42 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: Steered off my normal path in the hockey forums to check this thread out.

True, he can burn whatever he wants, and that includes the flag and a bible, it's just paper and fabric. While it holds value for one man, it means nothing to another.

In a sense, I agree with you, but somehow distancing cards from flags and bibles because of their perceived value is also a mistake. They are just objects, but their value and their meaning depend on personal preference. I served under the flag of my country, and if someone burns it, it's their flag, not mine. I hold value in the flag because of what it means to me, and if they oppose my view, it's their right. A 1/1 card burned, or a common card from 1991, it's still valuable somewhere to someone, and they have just as much right to see this as wrong as he does to burn them, so commentary on either side of the fence is pointless.

Well, those who saw value in them should of stood up and made an offer. I listed a bunch of cards on eBay starting at 99 cents and got no bids. that tells me no one wanted them, so I put them in my photobucket shown below:

[Image: S6300524.jpg]

RE: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - benner73 - 10-31-2011

Personally I don't give a crap whether he burned them or not. Each was maybe worth a penny. Hopefully more people will start doing this so all mine will go up in value. I am giving a bunch of my doubles away tonight.

[Image: sportscard_gambit.jpg]

RE: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - PadresFan86 - 10-31-2011

Lol, the Gambit picture is pretty funny.

I have tons and tons of baseball cards I wish I could get rid of. Don't have it in me to trash or burn them though.

(10-31-2011, 03:48 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Lol, the Gambit picture is pretty funny.

I have tons and tons of baseball cards I wish I could get rid of. Don't have it in me to trash or burn them though.

Just take the boxes to the trash can, open it up, close your eyes and drop them in. Put the top back on and walk away.

Can't do it. Rather them sit in my closet.

RE: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - Oddball - 10-31-2011

Yeah, I would be willing to pay shipping for anyone who has plenty to give away! I would also trade you some hockey if interested,

(10-31-2011, 05:28 PM)Oddball Wrote: Yeah, I would be willing to pay shipping for anyone who has plenty to give away! I would also trade you some hockey if interested,

I have about 500-600 i'd let go for shipping costs

RE: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - Oddball - 10-31-2011

PM Sent!

RE: Ouch. Pile O Cards Burned. - bustin 5 knots - 10-31-2011

(10-31-2011, 03:31 PM)rare unreleased Wrote: [Image: sportscard_gambit.jpg]

Not the Joe Blanton auto!