Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: ot- nicest baseball players you have met? (and the not so nice)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
The nicest player I ever met was David Wright. Watched the Mets paly and he came right up to me and my son's and signed for us, chatted for a second and was just awesome. Terry Collins was way nice also, even let us each take our pic with him. The WORST players I ever met were the Red sox. and not because I am a Yankee fan, but when they came they were super rude, did not say hi to one person would not sign for one person. Just plain Rude even to the little kids screaming their names.
Ryan Zimmerman was super nice when I met him at his charity's gala in Virginia Beach. I happened to be in town for work the week the gala was taking place. I went up and said hello, and we had a very nice chat about the charity and baseball. They were having a silent and live auction that night, and there were all sorts of great memorabilia available. I ended up winning game-used, autographed Zim cleats.
Duke Snider, Gil Hodges, Casey Stengel ( got a lesson on baseball from the old professor ) Ed Kranepool, Jerry Grote. Later and maybe one of the most kid friendly players Geovanny Soto ( oldest grand-daughter had a huge crush on him). Ronny Cedeno and his wife gave us tickets for a 3 game home stand. Gary Carter and lastly Jose Reyes when he played down here for the St. Lucie Mets
The only baseball player I can remember meeting was Tom Henke. He was probably nice, signed a baseball card for me at a show when I was a kid, but then again I paid him like $5-10 to do that.
Jack Morris is a complete A******. George Kell and Bob Feller were both great to talk to.
Working for the Blue Jays I have been able to meet and hang out with lots of players. Not counting any of the Blue Jays, by far the nicest player is David Ortiz. Whenever he comes to town he takes the effort to go around the stadium saying hi to everyone, no matter what you work, and even remembers you by name.
i met jack clark at a signing a year and a half ago- he was really nice but a lot of the guys there were saying he is usually a jerk. i met ryne sandberg when he was coaching the peoria chiefs and he was insanely nice and signed for almost an hour before a game, he took a picture with me and my daughter and kinda tickled her for a second(she was a year and a half old) but a buddy of mine who works for a minor league team says he is rude to clubhouse workers. robin yount was an extremely nice guy when i met him. i've met paul molitor a few times and he hates dealing with fans. he'll go out of his way to not sign for anyone, which for me sucks because he is one of my fav players ever. rickie weeks and casey mcgehee were really cool at a signing i went to last summer. i live in a minor league town so i meet alot of prospects and a few nice kids that stand out are brett lawrie, eric hosmer, nick castalennos, scooter gennett, and hunter morris.
ruban sierra, when he was with the atlantic city surf(independent league), signed a few cards for my kids and let them run the bases after the game. very cool moment for them and me.
Nicest: Dan Uggla, Miguel Montero. These two would come out after nearly every game and chit chat for long periods of time.
Sandberg, Justin Upton was nice, but he seemed suspicious (or timid, reluctant) of everyone.
Car-Go was cool. Dewayne Wise, O-Dog.
I'd say 99.9% of all I've met have been awesome individuals. Dustin Nippert is another awesome guy.
Some very nice guys who haven't stuck in the show: Jerry Gil, Jaime D'Antona, Noochie Varner, Jimmy Alvarez (Wife's favorite)
Uggla, Montero, D'Antona, Gil & Alvarez aren't just on my favorite players list... favorite people list as well.

Jerkiest: Stephen Drew, Joey Votto.
Worst of all time Pete Rose , total ***hole. Actually discourage other young players from signing after game. Jerk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20