Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I've had enough of this crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Really I guess it's none of my business except that I've had no less than 40 conversations in the past year regarding an extremely suspect member(s) and their trading practices. Every time there is an issue brought up either in a thread or privately I end up fielding questions about Thehueys. This most recent issue I only needed one guess as to figure out who it was. But before I get into that I will give you a quick summary of my history with them. Whenever I receive an offer from them their evaluations are beyond ridiculous, as pointed out in another thread by others. Constantly quoting inaccurate Ebay sales for their cards or wanting 2-3 times book just because they have auto's of players someone may collect. That is a forgivable offense if it was the only one. I never trusted them though. Something about the way they posted, what they said in their trade offers and what other members told me about their actions. So after quite a few offers I started asking to see pictures of some of their better cards THEY HAD LISTED AVAILABLE FOR TRADE and always got some lame ***** excuse. My favorite is," sorry man. I just moved and have no idea where my cards are". Or, "I honestly have no clue where my cards are", and then offered a handful of junk for high end cards. Repeatedly. If you don't know where your cards are, how the hell did you plan on trading them? Anyway, fast forwarding I find out that they list cards they do not own, cards that their friends own but have no access to or cards they "believe" they will be acquiring. But despite never owning the cards listed they continue to trade them, constantly having to ship super late because they have to scramble to get the cards promised to the other traders. To make matters worse they trade or sell the cards they get in immediately without the other traders permission, wreaking havoc on trade situations when deals start to go south. Off site they hold auctions or razzies collecting money from buyers despite never owning the cards up for grab. You guys have some people angry with you right now btw... When anything goes wrong the 2 personalities pretend they are the other "huey" and give excuses like, "I haven't been able to ship for 2 weeks because my kid has been sick" even though that particular Huey doesn't have any kids. And I guess someone's coach may be involved? No one should be trading cards they don't own in "hopes" they will be acquiring one. A new trader and I have been talking about their recent trade in which thehueys promised them 2 Baez auto's they had listed. The new trader shipped and waited. And waited. I told him in all likelihood they never had the card. Finally thehueys messaged back saying they'd be sending different cards than promised, without asking if it would be okay or even being prompted to. When the trader said no, I want the cards promised thehueys had already shipped the botched trade and oh by the way, had already traded away the superfractor they had received. I then received a message from my friend out in Cali that thehueys had taken to instagram to ask if anyone had a particular Baez auto (the one the new trader was due). The text came complete with pics, proving it was them. Anyway, today the new trader received their Baez. It was a Gypsy Queen, as promised, but kinda beat up. It has a lot of color loss around the border. Of course thehueys couldn't know that because they had it shipped straight from the person they bought it from to the gentleman it was owed to. Needless to say he wasn't pleased and left negative feedback. Now thehueys are upset because of the negative feedback and asking them to change it because they "did receive" the cards promised and telling them they are unreasonable and to ship the cards back to them. How's that going to work? You don't have their card anymore? The new guy was way beyond reasonable with you. Your at fault here. Again. It's traders like you 2 (3? 4?) that have scared people away from this site or annoyed good members to the point they'd rather not trade here anymore. Cut the *****. We're getting new traders in and your taking advantage of them being new to the site and maybe not knowing what's acceptable. How has no one else left them negative feedback? Trade the god damn cards you have and stop all the lies, BS and excuses. I'm sick of trying to tell people it's only you.
From what I know about them is that it is a Father and son combo.
When was the trade cause I screen grabbed this from blowout? Is this the two Baez the new guy is looking for?

[Image: 36A1CB5E-9D01-4EB3-AF18-976AEDEC85BE_zpsjocdsfwo.png]
Here is a link to their photobucket. You can talk from the pics that these cards gave neigh photographed in various locations. Like as if they just used the pictures someone else had

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/thehue...ort=3&o=30

Wooa... I'm just getting back into trading again after a hiatus, and this bites. Thanks for bringing it up Matt.
(02-12-2016, 11:37 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]From what I know about them is that it is a Father and son combo.
When was the trade cause I screen grabbed this from blowout? Is this the two Baez the new guy is looking for?

[Image: 36A1CB5E-9D01-4EB3-AF18-976AEDEC85BE_zpsjocdsfwo.png]
Here is a link to their photobucket. You can talk from the pics that these cards gave neigh photographed in various locations. Like as if they just used the pictures someone else had

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/thehue...ort=3&o=30

That Gypsy Queen is the one they were after. Made a trade, traded away their end and then never intended to even obtain the card. They tried to send replacements without any sort of communication about doing so. When the new trader said no they had to search through various venues to get one, which they were never able to check. And now the victim is being unreasonable?
I applaud you Matt for stepping up and addressing real issues wrong with the site. Ive told you many of times you are one of the main reasons why I continue to try to come back as well as a few other members, but until this BS stops I cant do it anymore. I miss a bunch of you guys but the bad apples have destroyed so much that its not worth the stress or headache.
When we lose ^^^^ type of members to accommodate these other jerks, there's an issue. Appropriate feedback should be left for a transaction. If communication was poor, say so. If someone doesn't ship for 3 weeks, it should reflect in their feedback. Damaged, replaced or missing cards... spell it out for the next guy or girl. Obviously sometimes there are extenuating circumstances for any issue that can be worked out but they shouldn't be in every single trade. No one needs to feel obligated to be polite and leave positive feedback just because they eventually got their cards.
I agree completely with the feedback. I haven't traded much in awhile,no time, or not enough "wants". I always pull the cards before the trade is accepted, sometime's mistakes happen when entering cards into the org, or cards get shuffled and misplaced. I have had one 1 major issue when mailing my end out, 2 packages got mixed up, and I made sure I made it right with both traders.
Bravo Matt!! I too have had trades with this trader and he has always thrown junk at my way for cards of high value. He picks the one he wants then sends it back to me. I pick what i want. Then he changes things around cancelling the ones that i have chosen. I am like dude, these are the ones i want and thats that. If you can agree, then dont ask to trade with me!!
That is another reason why i havent traded here in a while. Traders taking advantage of newbies.
This needs to be brought up more often and clean the crap out of here!!
Thanks again to the normal traders and to the newbies that come along.
Mistakes happen with honest traders. This is not what is being described above.

Feedback is absolutely necessary in this case

#1.) don't trade cards you don't have.
#2.) don't sell/trade the other person's end before they confirm receiving the card you sent! The trade is not complete!!!! You are selling things that aren't yours!!!!
#3.) STOP LYING!!!!! Really, the whole dad pretending to be a son, or son pretending to be a dad thing is getting old. If the son is the actual primary trader, he is sub-18 years and this needs to be handled by a mod.

I participated in an online razz that went wrong with this user (my fault, I know) and won a $60 card. I was immediately promised my money back + $100 in cards to compensate for my winning (which wasn't necessary... I just wanted the card I won, which is a $60 card). after two weeks I have half of my initial investment of $30 back. In reality, I should be due the $60 card I won. Again, my own damn fault for venturing into the world of degenerate razzes... But I have had the most awkward trade negotiations with thehueys over the years. This prompted me to go back to my cancelled trades and review some of the frustration. Asking for 3x value just because I was a yelich collector etc... Then seeing the card I sent listed for sale on multiple sites before I received my end.

I'm over it. Never dealing with these folks again, and again, if an under 18 year old is handling this account, mods need to get involved. 2 out of 3 of my bad experiences have dealt with kids trading on this site
I made one deal with this trader(s) a few years ago. It actually worked out for me as the stuff on my end dropped in BV, but it was a painstaking process. They offered other trades to me since. I discussed one but it never materialized because somehow in their mind I had to send $150 worth of cards for a $40 card. Don't think so bro! Have ignored all their offers since. I feel bad and hope new traders don't think this is how we all are!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8