Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I've had enough of this crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
When there is retaliatory feedback let a mod know. Things might get fixed. Also post it in the baseball or trade section to make others aware
(02-13-2016, 06:53 PM)rburke02@aol.com Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a little off topic, but I had done a trade where I received cards that were marked as near mint, but upon arrival they were less than that in my opinion. In the feedback section I wrote about the condition just stating I wish that the certain trader would have been more upfront about the condition. He then replied on my feedback stating that I was a new trader and to avoid me.

I agree with you that we need to be honest in our feedback to help other traders, but some people might shy away due to the repercussions.
Jesse said it best. Just report it. However, if there was an issue you should have discussed it with the sender first. No deal is complete until feedback is left. Had you brought it up you would have given him the chance to correct any issue or simply trade back.
Wow...

I read this thread last night when there was only 3 posts, been out all day and find it has grown arms and legs!

The thread makes good reading, covers all sides well. As a new guy on this site a few points stood out;

It's always difficult to get started on a new site, I have been on a couple other sites for about 18 months, but things have run a little dry on them as some expectations were in line with thehueys, and finally discovered Beckett had a forum. Patience is a virtue, making small trades until some feedback is built up.

Comments of people pretending to trade for their kids...that hit home as I have always traded for my daughter (that's both of us in the picture at Minute Maid trying to get autos), it's her hobby and I am merely the middle man and financier. Never thought it could be looked at as a scam!

I'm struggling a bit with how the Beckett forum works, however I hope to make many good trades going forward.
(02-13-2016, 09:56 PM)bzross Wrote: [ -> ]Wow...

I read this thread last night when there was only 3 posts, been out all day and find it has grown arms and legs!

The thread makes good reading, covers all sides well. As a new guy on this site a few points stood out;

It's always difficult to get started on a new site, I have been on a couple other sites for about 18 months, but things have run a little dry on them as some expectations were in line with thehueys, and finally discovered Beckett had a forum. Patience is a virtue, making small trades until some feedback is built up.

Comments of people pretending to trade for their kids...that hit home as I have always traded for my daughter (that's both of us in the picture at Minute Maid trying to get autos), it's her hobby and I am merely the middle man and financier. Never thought it could be looked at as a scam!

I'm struggling a bit with how the Beckett forum works, however I hope to make many good trades going forward.
...and as a note, the fact that you trade for your daughter is absolutely awesome! So good to see kids loving the hobby, especially little ladies (as I have a daughter myself)! This thread can be a little depressing, but I'll tell you that the vast majority of the folks here are fantastic people, and you'll make some great trades out of it. Smile

Great to see another new trader so welcome. Even better to see your attacking it with your kids. There's plenty of parents on here trading with or on behalf of their children. What in particular are you struggling with? Also, what does your daughter collect?

WELCOME to you and your daughter! Offer on the way. Hope I have some of your's and her's Astros needs!

That is awesome that your daughter collects! And no one looks at that as a scam, EVER! Let's get a trade done and I'd be happy to throw in some goodies of her favorite team/players.

Now if your daughter began operating your page, sending ridiculous trade offers, trading cards she doesn't have in-hand, lying about it, started a go fund me while selling high end stuff, while pretending to be you, that will not go over well.
(02-13-2016, 06:56 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]When there is retaliatory feedback let a mod know. Things might get fixed. Also post it in the baseball or trade section to make others aware
From what I have always understood negative feedback given unjustly or by mistake cannot be changed/fixed/corrected. I have no idea why that is such a hard thing to fix but I have yet to hear of anyone getting a negative feedback removed from their score.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
(02-13-2016, 11:33 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I have always understood negative feedback given unjustly or by mistake cannot be changed/fixed/corrected. I have no idea why that is such a hard thing to fix but I have yet to hear of anyone getting a negative feedback removed from their score.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
I'm sure there's got to be a way... but I don't know it.
(02-13-2016, 11:56 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure there's got to be a way... but I don't know it.
Oh I'm sure it can be done easily. I just have yet to hear of anyone actually having it done.

I tried years ago to get a negative removed that was left by mistake by a (at that time) new member. I asked to have it removed and the other trader even told beckett he left the neg feedback by mistake. I was told at the time that it may be able to be done in the future. Hasn't happened yet.

Seems like it should be an easy fix.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8