Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Very sad day in the sports world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rip Stuart Scott

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118...ies-age-49

So sad May God rest his soul....
Damn. Stuart was the man. He made sportscenter what it is today, or at least he made it a household name... (Anchors now are kind of lame). Sad news.
This just sucks. A loss of an amazing voice of sports.

RIP - Stuart
Let the vultures begin hawking his Ginter auto on ebay.... Now...
I watched him every day in the morning right before school in the mid to late 90s. A piece of me has died as well. RIP.
(01-04-2015, 07:42 PM)muz0 Wrote: [ -> ]I watched him every day in the morning right before school in the mid to late 90s. A piece of me has died as well. RIP.

Lol same here. I used to love watching sports center before school. That's when sports center was (imo) at its peak.
Sad news indeed. RIP. A very positive person who didn't hold back. Made watching a sports news show fun.
RIP Stuart. You will be missed for years to come!
I first stumbled upon SportsCenter in the very early 90s and was captivated by Keith Olberman and Dan Patrick. Their snarky sense of humor and sharp delivery enthralled me and I adopted their style for my own radio persona. I had been on the radio for about 5 or 6 years by then and was still floundering trying to establish my identity. When Stuart Scott appeared on ESPN a couple of years later, he took it to the next level and suddenly I found myself quoting his catchphrases to my kids when I was playing sports or games with them. I am starting my 36th year on the radio and I still occasionally will drop a Stuart Scott quote on the listening audience. Stuart inspired me and I will forever be grateful. Rest in peace Stu. You will be missed.
The rich eisen and stuart Scott sportscenter was must see tv for me back in the 90's. I would get homie from closing at McDonalds in high school and would turn on the late SC and watch it, every damn night. I used to write to ESPN guys and I have pictures personalized to me from Dan Patrick, rich eisen, stuart Scott, Kenny mayne, Chris berman (who gave me my own nickname as Jon "washer and" dyer among others. I will post pics when I find them, maybe tonight
Pages: 1 2