Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Goodbye for now, my friends ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, effective tomorrow I am leaving my job, as I am being downsized with a severance package.

(Do not worry, this is actually a very good thing. Well, should be or will be eventually.)

Sooooo ... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work, I will be taking a (hopefully short) break from trading, posting, etc.

I have sent a couple of PMs out to members I have pending trades with, and the only other one I had completed I just sent out, so I'm trying to wrap up loose ends tonight.

If it's longer than a short break, then, well, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me with all the trades, witty banter and what not.

I'll be here tonight, and then I'll talk to you when I talk to you.

Later! RJ
Good luck and glad to see you're in positive spirits!
congrats if it is and i'm sure we'll make another trade at some point
(04-24-2014, 06:56 PM)y2hood Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck and glad to see you're in positive spirits!
It was a final straw kind of thing, time to move on with my life. Thanks man!
(04-24-2014, 06:57 PM)ft28jags Wrote: [ -> ]congrats if it is and i'm sure we'll make another trade at some point
For sure, Will. Thanks man! RJ
"... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work", and you were downsized????

I find that odd, but best of luck. Being unemployed is never fun.
One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting laid off from a job and being unemployed for a few months.

I ended up getting a great job and one that I appreciate greatly. I like to think things happen for a reason.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in the near future!
(04-25-2014, 05:41 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: [ -> ]"... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work", and you were downsized????

I find that odd, but best of luck. Being unemployed is never fun.
I work at a newspaper, so the majority of my workload was toward the end of the night, at deadline ... much slower earlier in the day, hence the Beckettness.

But yeah, I was wondering if someone might catch that, LOL
(04-25-2014, 06:11 PM)monsterx Wrote: [ -> ]One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting laid off from a job and being unemployed for a few months.

I ended up getting a great job and one that I appreciate greatly. I like to think things happen for a reason.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in the near future!
That's what I am hoping, my good man.

I WILL return, with a vengeance!