`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye for now, my friends ...

Goodbye for now, my friends ...
Hey guys, effective tomorrow I am leaving my job, as I am being downsized with a severance package.

(Do not worry, this is actually a very good thing. Well, should be or will be eventually.)

Sooooo ... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work, I will be taking a (hopefully short) break from trading, posting, etc.

I have sent a couple of PMs out to members I have pending trades with, and the only other one I had completed I just sent out, so I'm trying to wrap up loose ends tonight.

If it's longer than a short break, then, well, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me with all the trades, witty banter and what not.

I'll be here tonight, and then I'll talk to you when I talk to you.

Later! RJ

RE: Goodbye for now, my friends ...
Good luck and glad to see you're in positive spirits!
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

congrats if it is and i'm sure we'll make another trade at some point
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(04-24-2014, 06:56 PM)y2hood Wrote: Good luck and glad to see you're in positive spirits!
It was a final straw kind of thing, time to move on with my life. Thanks man!
(04-24-2014, 06:57 PM)ft28jags Wrote: congrats if it is and i'm sure we'll make another trade at some point
For sure, Will. Thanks man! RJ

"... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work", and you were downsized????

I find that odd, but best of luck. Being unemployed is never fun.

One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting laid off from a job and being unemployed for a few months.

I ended up getting a great job and one that I appreciate greatly. I like to think things happen for a reason.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in the near future!
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

(04-25-2014, 05:41 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: "... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work", and you were downsized????

I find that odd, but best of luck. Being unemployed is never fun.
I work at a newspaper, so the majority of my workload was toward the end of the night, at deadline ... much slower earlier in the day, hence the Beckettness.

But yeah, I was wondering if someone might catch that, LOL
(04-25-2014, 06:11 PM)monsterx Wrote: One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting laid off from a job and being unemployed for a few months.

I ended up getting a great job and one that I appreciate greatly. I like to think things happen for a reason.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in the near future!
That's what I am hoping, my good man.

I WILL return, with a vengeance!