Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: So, was it Pine Tar, or dirt like claimed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pitchers--g...59306.html

The whole article is a very interesting read.
It was PEPT.
it was pine tar. it was blatant. and it's completely a non-issue
anyone who believes that is dirt is playing tiddlywinks with marbles.
Just like a yankee to cheat and then lie about it.
(04-12-2014, 08:58 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Just like a yankee to cheat and then lie about it.
99% of pitchers do it. most dont do so blatantly. technically, it isnt cheating. they arent putting substances on the ball, not to create movement, but rather to create grip. during the cold months, pitchers cant grip the ball in the same manner as they do in the warm months

fact is, everyone does it, theyve been doing it for decades, and noone in baseball cares

im telling you as a red sox fan - and the poet laureate of yankee hatred - this is a non-issue.
(04-12-2014, 09:06 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]99% of pitchers do it. most dont do so blatantly. technically, it isnt cheating. they arent putting substances on the ball, not to create movement, but rather to create grip. during the cold months, pitchers cant grip the ball in the same manner as they do in the warm months

fact is, everyone does it, theyve been doing it for decades, and noone in baseball cares

im telling you as a red sox fan - and the poet laureate of yankee hatred - this is a non-issue.
I didn't think anybody could HATE the yankees as much as I do. And I still don't.
(04-12-2014, 05:56 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]it was pine tar. it was blatant. and it's completely a non-issue
+1
(04-12-2014, 09:20 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think anybody could HATE the yankees as much as I do. And I still don't.
we play them 19 times a year. i dealt with aaron bleeping boone and bucky bleeping dent

believe: you cant touch my yankee hatred (at least steinbrenner era through now. i dont have any special place of hate for whitey, mantle, etc)
It was pine tar. Dirt doesnt shine like that. But i dont really care to be honest.
Pages: 1 2 3