Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: Favorite Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
watching MLB Network and they showed clips of the yankee stadium crowd chanting "donnie baseball" for don mattingly and it gave me chills. Made me think about guys and their relationship with fans, so I was wondering, Who is your alltime favorite player and why? Mine is Jose Reyes, I loved the energy he played with with the Mets and getting to see him and Wright team up for some great clubs made my teen years a ton of fun.
I was always a fan of ozzie smith I always remember my dad taking me to cardinal games and I live how he would do backflips all summer long I would be the wizard in the back yard
Growing up? Dale Murphy
As a teen/young adult? Fred Mcgriff
Favorite player all-time? Roberto Clemente
Favorite Negro League player? Cool Papa Bell
Favorite player now? none. as i have grown older, i find the name on the front of jersey means a ton more than the back of the jersey. i end up liking guys who are underdogs who wont be around long. wily mo pena. kevin millar. pedro ciriaco.
All-time favorite player I saw in person....Richie Allen (Willie Mays a close second). Probably because I was very little and everyone in Philly seemed to hate him but he was electric. Player I didn't fully appreciate until they retired - Mike Schmidt. Current favorite - Ryan Howard...one awesome person who is a pretty good player. (yes I am very very biased towards my Phillies...yes my Phillies)

Player I never saw - Babe Ruth. My grandpop who knew him through his relationship with Connie Mack use to regal me with stories of his power and athleteisum (the movie The Babe with John Goodman (?) is a disgrace) when I was a little...little boy
I love watching highlights from the Mets from about 1999-2001, brings back a lot of memories and I usually get a little misty eyed. Piazza, Ventura, Zeile, Franco, Leiter... even Pratt and Wendell. That is why I collect these guys. It makes me happy and reminds me of simpler times.
My favorites have played for the Reds during their careers.

All-Time favorite- Pete Rose
Favorite as a teen- Chris Sabo
Favorite current- Adam Dunn
Favorite current Red- Brandon Phillips

All time fav would have to be curt schilling. Just loved the way he pitched hope he gets into the hof. Was so pumped when the red sox traded for him. Now I would say its jacoby ellsbury follwed by a tie of ortiz,hamilton,pence
My favorite player growing up as a kid was George Brett. Loved going to Kaufman Stadium and seeing him and Frank White and Willie Wilson play. My favorite of all time is Lou Gehrig probably because I have a card of him and also the accomplishments he had are amazing to me. My favorite player right now is Paul Goldschmidt. He is a great first baseman and doesn't get as much love as Trout even though they both came up in the same year!
"The Ryan Express". I started collecting him (and only him) in the Summer of 1990. And I still collect him (and only him) to this day!!
(06-20-2013, 06:37 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]"The Ryan Express". I started collecting him (and only him) in the Summer of 1990. And I still collect him (and only him) to this day!!
what are your collecting statistics on him?
Pages: 1 2 3 4