Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Venting.... Opinions valued
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm kind of new to this. I was a collector as a kid, and while I was moving I found some of my old stuff, and long story short, I regained interest and now am back into the hobby. Most of my experiences here have been pleasurable, and everyone for the most part has been really cool. There have been a couple of instances that have been very frustrating to me, so I figure I would share my thoughts and you guys can all chime in and let me know if my feelings are justified.

I made a recent trade 2 weeks ago and as usual I sent my item out within 2 business days (the only time I didn't do this was when my father passed), and the other trader has yet to ship my items, which in turn is effecting another huge deal I made. When is it too late to ship your end of a trade? If a trader can't ship within a week shouldn't they at least drop you a message? I personally feel that making somebody wait this long is disrespectful. By the time this trader ships them and they arrive, it will likely be close to a month in waiting time... Not cool!

Another thing that really chaps my rear end and I see this one often, is all the traders out there who list every single item they have as "mint", I strongly feel this is done as an attempt to try to gain a book value edge in a trade. It comes off as real shady in my opinion. Any card in my ORG listed as Mint is graded as such... No exceptions! I feel that cards shouldn't be listed as mint in somebody's ORG unless graded as such... Am I wrong for feeling this way?

I value all of your opinions, and just sharing my honest feelings here.
Your not wrong IMO on either part.

As a new trader you have to expect to send first but in return we as veterans to the site should have our cards packed and ready to ship. I always ship the same day I receive or the very next day. In trades with other veterans I always ship the next day or leave a comment saying the day I can ship so its known. Waiting two weeks for any deal is a bit crazy IMO. It's disrespectful too and I take note and avoid these guys in the future myself.

As for the MINT marking. I 100% agree that in MOST cases its guys trying to gain an edge. The Beckett default is Nm-Mt and it loads the cards that way. I think guys doing this should be held accountable. If the card doesn't show up perfect send the card back. It's crazy that guys try to sneak this over on people. It's the old "my cards better than your card" scenario.
If someone wants trade mint i will change mine to mint, just for that reason
First the MINT thing is a default that Beckett has in place. I disagree with it whole hearted. All my cards are NrMint. I am not a grader so I can not say they are Mint.

Second, some people take a while to ship for whatever reason. I have had trades come in 2 days and some take weeks (2 max). Stupulations and unexpected things come up. I have also shipped some items the day after a trade and it took a week for them to get to the other party. I live on, well an island isnt quit true, but a pinensula (sp whatever) and the package I put in the PO here has to go to Tampa then to another place then it finally leaves the state. Im not saying there arent sme ignorant traders but there are some tht have other things that happen, which isnt an excuse just the facts.
Haha Griffey Man, I love your style... I see you post on here all the time, yet you can't leave me feedback from our trade? Lol, or start trades with me and then leave me hanging? All good bro, just razzing you a bit.

And to dbrookerd, I may be "newer" but my feedback is flawless, and I have accumulated a large amount of trades in my short time being active. I have given the community to reason to be suspicious of me.
(02-11-2013, 09:48 PM)griffey man 1 Wrote: [ -> ]If someone wants trade mint i will change mine to mint, just for that reason
I've done this as well. It's fair!
I probably wouldn't care as much normally, but this negligence is really making me look bad on another deal, I had no idea I would have to wait a month to get the cards (which would be the best case scenario here)
(02-11-2013, 09:53 PM)Burmalocity Wrote: [ -> ]Haha Griffey Man, I love your style... I see you post on here all the time, yet you can't leave me feedback from our trade? Lol, or start trades with me and then leave me hanging? All good bro, just razzing you a bit.

And to dbrookerd, I may be "newer" but my feedback is flawless, and I have accumulated a large amount of trades in my short time being active. I have given the community to reason to be suspicious of me.

Now your jumping people who are on your side. You looking to vent or cause friction? I'm confused. I never once questioned your feedback did I? I also never said anyone doubted you. I simply said if you have to send first they should be prepared to ship back.

Maybe you don't realize but many of us can't leave feedback for some trades due to a Beckett glitch. That MAY be a reason. There are a lot of guys that start deals and leave people hanging. I also hate that and you have a right to let it irritate you.

(02-11-2013, 09:50 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]First the MINT thing is a default that Beckett has in place. I disagree with it whole hearted. All my cards are NrMint. I am not a grader so I can not say they are Mint.

Second, some people take a while to ship for whatever reason. I have had trades come in 2 days and some take weeks (2 max). Stupulations and unexpected things come up. I have also shipped some items the day after a trade and it took a week for them to get to the other party. I live on, well an island isnt quit true, but a pinensula (sp whatever) and the package I put in the PO here has to go to Tampa then to another place then it finally leaves the state. Im not saying there arent sme ignorant traders but there are some tht have other things that happen, which isnt an excuse just the facts.

I don't think this is correct. I'm pretty sure default is Nm-Mt. If its not then I'm just lucky cause my cards always show Nm-mt. I think you have to adjust to mint.

As for things happening. This is an excuse all too often. More times then not the only thing that happened was "laziness." If you can't ship don't trade. If you have a busy week then as so up front or don't trade that week. Excuses are just that, excuses. I know sometimes life gets in the way but for some guys it ALWAYS gets in the way it seems.
No please, don't take my last post out of context... Simply playful banter with Griffey man, I traded with him a month ago, been begging for positive feedback (to build credibility), and have yet to receive it... I was just joking (thus the lol's)

And to dbrookerd, I was just continuing our end of the convo... Stating facts is all, trust me, I am not looking to make enemies. It would be awfully hard to trade with anyone if they all hated you.

Believe me, I'm here to make friends, and I thank you all for your previous posts supporting my opinions.

(02-11-2013, 10:00 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: [ -> ]Now your jumping people who are on your side. You looking to vent or cause friction? I'm confused. I never once questioned your feedback did I? I also never said anyone doubted you. I simply said if you have to send first they should be prepared to ship back.

Maybe you don't realize but many of us can't leave feedback for some trades due to a Beckett glitch. That MAY be a reason. There are a lot of guys that start deals and leave people hanging. I also hate that and you have a right to let it irritate you.
(02-11-2013, 10:06 PM)Burmalocity Wrote: [ -> ]No please, don't take my last post out of context... Simply playful banter with Griffey man, I traded with him a month ago, been begging for positive feedback (to build credibility), and have yet to receive it... I was just joking (thus the lol's)

And to dbrookerd, I was just continuing our end of the convo... Stating facts is all, trust me, I am not looking to make enemies. It would be awfully hard to trade with anyone if they all hated you.

Believe me, I'm here to make friends, and I thank you all for your previous posts supporting my opinions.
Maybe I misread. Either way your points are valid. There are far too many people with shipping excuses and incorrectly marking cards etc. I've learned who to avoid in my time here.

There are also those who will always ask for something but if you want anything worth a hoot back they aren't interested. I know two traders in particular who want every decent valued card I post but the second I want an even valued they aren't interested. Again, back to the "my cards better then your card" scenario. One guy I pretty much refuse to deal with now cause I know any time I put in is likely a waste.

The longer you are here the more you learn about who is a waste of time and who isn't. I try to deal with everyone but there are always those I can't. They aren't bad traders just hard to close deals with unless you take the short end of the stick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5