Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Grading: PSA vs. Beckett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys. Just joined as you can tell. Been away from collecting for a while and am jumping back in slowly. Have a few cards I want to send in to get graded, but wanted to see the consensus on what service everyone prefers. It seems like PSA is the standard judging from eBay listings.

I appreciate your response in advance, and am looking forward to joining in on the conversation here and becoming part of the community.
Vinatge- PSA NO DOUBT.
ANYTHING NEWER BGS FOR SURE!
(02-19-2012, 10:48 AM)philly eagle in az Wrote: [ -> ]Vinatge- PSA NO DOUBT.
Can you elaborate why? Sorry, just a novice to grading...
Personally I think it's because the BGS grading cases are a more modern look. The PSA Vinage go well with the bland look of the PSA cases. I'm not 100 percent sure why, but it just looks weird with a Cam RC in a PSA case, and really weird with 1930's baseball cards in a BGS case.
If you are grading modern, BGS all the way...
+10000

My thoughts exactly
I go BGS because the cases are much thicker and offer better protection, PSA cases are very flimsy IMO plus BGS seals the card in a plastic liner kinda like a team bag only a lot heavier and thicker, then it's slabbed. I also like the gold and silver bar more than the copy paper PSA uses.
I agree with this as well.
My opinion is this:
anything pre 1960 SGC
1960's - 1990's PSA
1990's or newer BGS
I got PSA for pre 1990.
Pages: 1 2 3