Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 90's inserts need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My LCS told me today that they just bought a huge lot of 90's boxes. I don't know yet which boxes b/c they haven't put them out at the store yet but I was wondering what 90's inserts have some big value.

I know Legacies, Star Rubies Autographics and Donruss Crusades. Anything else?
refractors have begun to rise, particularly those from early Finest boxes and the 96-97 years due it being Kobe's RC year (in Finest, Chrome and Bowman's Best). A lot of early low #ed cards have soared as well since they were the first of their kind. Other than that you pretty much hit the nail on the head!
If they have the first two years Finest for cheap, I would recommend those. I bought a jumbo box almost two years ago for very cheap.. something like $30-40.. a guy is trying to get $335 for 93-94 Finest Jumbo box. crazy price for early finest... I been looking for another box.. those years were fun to bust...

I have a few skybox boxes from 92-93 & 93-94, that I got for cheap. around $45 for four boxes. If you can get them for under $20-25, those are some cool boxes. especially shaq's RC year... make sure they are series 2 if you're going for the rookies..

Would be interested in hearing what 90's boxes your LCS has...
(01-21-2012, 07:42 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: [ -> ]If they have the first two years Finest for cheap, I would recommend those. I bought a jumbo box almost two years ago for very cheap.. something like $30-40.. a guy is trying to get $335 for 93-94 Finest Jumbo box. crazy price for early finest... I been looking for another box.. those years were fun to bust...

I have a few skybox boxes from 92-93 & 93-94, that I got for cheap. around $45 for four boxes. If you can get them for under $20-25, those are some cool boxes. especially shaq's RC year... make sure they are series 2 if you're going for the rookies..

Would be interested in hearing what 90's boxes your LCS has...

I agree with that last sentence! And there's a guy who pops up at local card shows around here who has several nice old school boxes (2 of 93-94 finest, 97-98 chrome among them) for pretty reasonable. I got a 97-98 chrome box from him a few months ago for only $30 and pulled a Jordan Season's Best Refractor. He hasn't shown up lately though, so I hope he comes back!
thanks for the info. much appreciated. hopefully i come across some good stuff.