Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Opinions on becketts supercollector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(10-12-2011, 01:37 AM)chads-cards Wrote: [ -> ]dang I got a good start if I really wanted to...I think im around 2,000
Eff you man....thats more than I have lol
I bet I have more autos and mem Smile
(10-12-2011, 01:39 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: [ -> ]Eff you man....thats more than I have lol
I bet I have more autos and mem Smile
thats hard to beat man this is how many I have... ....wait for it.....exactly as many as you have keary colberts I need
(10-12-2011, 01:39 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]What about Greg Lloyd? He was a good linebacker with a variety of cards and shouldn't cost too much. Or Kordell Stewart aka Slash? I always loved watching him play. He should have some cool cards out there including those mid 90s inserts and refractors. Yancey Thigpen was one heck of a receiver as well.
the only thing that isnt fun with the steelers is I have so many of them...since my dad owns a pittsburgh based card shop. It would be a challenge IMO.
lol sorry buddy....I wish I could find some for you...I tried to today...I will let you know if that Colbert is a parallel
(10-12-2011, 02:08 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: [ -> ]lol sorry buddy....I wish I could find some for you...I tried to today...I will let you know if that Colbert is a parallel
alright or find me that isaac redman im looking for.
(10-12-2011, 02:09 AM)chads-cards Wrote: [ -> ]alright or find me that isaac redman im looking for.
well that I am sure I can do....that should be a pretty easy ebay find...how many were made?
(10-12-2011, 02:12 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: [ -> ]well that I am sure I can do....that should be a pretty easy ebay find...how many were made?
999...but they are redick on the bay...like 40 bucks
(10-12-2011, 01:04 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]To tell you the truth I think people know what a super collection is just by seeing it. When you look at what cards are in the collection you gain an opinion right away. I also dont think the numbers matter all that much but the difficulty of what you are trying to collect surely does. 500 base cards is pretty easy to obtain of Marino but 10 true 1/1s of Marino is almost impossible.

If you have a collection that is difficult to duplicate then its a Super Collection. If someone can duplicate your collection easily then its not that unique and lacks that certain degree of difficulty in which I feel is needed to be considered a super collection.

I feel my Dan Marino, Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor collections are Super Collections. No way could one person duplicate my collection in 2 to 3 years even if they had an unlimited amount of money. Having a lot of cash helps no doubt but its about the daily search from multiple sources to find that new gem to add to the PC. It seems that the hardest cards to find are the low end cards anyways so to say you cant be a super collector without having a ton of dough is a bit of a stretch.

BTW chads-cards I consider your Colbert PC a super collection for whatever my opinion is worth to you. No one can duplicate it in 6-12 months IMO. Therefore you have the difficulty level I was referring to earlier.

Does this make sense?
After reading this I have to think someone would be really hard pressed to duplicate my Tyson Jackson collection in 6-12 months. So who knows I may be a Tyson Jackson supercollector. I know it doesn't take a ton of money to collect him cause most of his stuff is pretty cheap even his 1/1 sell for 125.00 for the real high end and as low as I think 10.00 is the least I've paid for a plate but it's taken a lot of work and a lot of searching on a daily bases several times a day to get where I am. Thing about it is in my mind most don't set out to supercollect someone just so they can say hey I'm so and so supercollector, some yes but most no, most do it cause they love the player and the team he plays for. That's the best part of my collection for me.

[quote='biglump007' pid='1739009' dateline='1318405968']

yeah ive seen some of ur pc...Its very impressive...whats ur percentages? It has to be high! IM jealous of the lettermen nameplate.

(10-12-2011, 03:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: [ -> ][quote='biglump007' pid='1739009' dateline='1318405968']

yeah ive seen some of ur pc...Its very impressive...whats ur percentages? It has to be high! IM jealous of the lettermen nameplate.
Honestly it not very high around 35% I have just over 225 of his 642 or so cards. I just don't have many of his base cards maybe 20 or so
(10-12-2011, 01:26 AM)chads-cards Wrote: [ -> ]yeah well im from pittsburgh...and the only guys who id want to start is pouncey or ziggy hood. pouncey will be too expensive and ik of people already collecting him...timmons auto is soooo bad so I wouldnt wanna do that...and lammar woodley is getting higher in price. some of the other guys i like have nothing
Crazy idea - How about Paul Pozlusny?? He's a PITT guy, D-Side of the field, and he's just now trying to restart his career..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5