Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: In Person Signing Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My LCS is having three Cardinals come sign, (David Freese, Jon Jay and Skip Schumaker) and I was wondering what the best item to get signed is?

I know this is kind of dumb, but there are a few I am trying to decide between:

1. A baseball...black or blue ink.(I think one fades more than the other, not sure which one)

2. A picture of them. Signed with a sharpie.

3. A card of theirs...Either base or a Rookie card

4. Something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
(09-12-2011, 02:13 PM)brad456 Wrote: [ -> ]My LCS is having three Cardinals come sign, (David Freese, Jon Jay and Skip Schumaker) and I was wondering what the best item to get signed is?

I know this is kind of dumb, but there are a few I am trying to decide between:

1. A baseball...black or blue ink.(I think one fades more than the other, not sure which one)

2. A picture of them. Signed with a sharpie.

3. A card of theirs...Either base or a Rookie card

4. Something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
"Best item" is a totally relative term. Are you planning on reselling said item, or keeping it? If you're planning to keep it, get whatever YOU like best signed. I personally prefer signed baseballs (using a standard ball-point pen). I don't care much for photos, since I don't have much wall space to display them. Same for cards. But if you really enjoy photos over baseballs, go for that.
I preferably like baseballs. There relatively small and easy to proudly display. I try and use mainly pen, color doesn't really matter to much to me but black or blue is preferable. I might do something with a focus on team color, maybe, depending on how well it shows up. For example, when I get Rays players to sign I specifically use blue. If White Sox players I use black. A Cardinal's auto might look good in red I'd think but I wouldn't know about fading and what not. Generally I'd say sharpie type ink has a tendency to fade more.
How much are the charging for the Jon Jay auto's. I would have him sign anything with the quote "THE U" added to it.
Thanks for the replies, I had a feeling that baseballs were the way to go.

(09-12-2011, 04:20 PM)grfyfan Wrote: [ -> ]How much are the charging for the Jon Jay auto's. I would have him sign anything with the quote "THE U" added to it.
I believe the autos are $20 each, or $55 for all three.
Is this in stl? If so where? I live in Columbia and if its a time I can make it I would love to try and get there.
I prefer cards, especially cards like Heritage, Goudey, cool-looking inserts
The LCS is in O'Fallon, IL. It is 15 miles east of STL. The website is ecollectorscorner.com for more information.
Blue pen.