`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Person Signing Question

In Person Signing Question
My LCS is having three Cardinals come sign, (David Freese, Jon Jay and Skip Schumaker) and I was wondering what the best item to get signed is?

I know this is kind of dumb, but there are a few I am trying to decide between:

1. A baseball...black or blue ink.(I think one fades more than the other, not sure which one)

2. A picture of them. Signed with a sharpie.

3. A card of theirs...Either base or a Rookie card

4. Something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
Collecting: Allen Craig, David Freese, and a few others.
http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321...1QQtppZZ20

RE: In Person Signing Question
(09-12-2011, 02:13 PM)brad456 Wrote: My LCS is having three Cardinals come sign, (David Freese, Jon Jay and Skip Schumaker) and I was wondering what the best item to get signed is?

I know this is kind of dumb, but there are a few I am trying to decide between:

1. A baseball...black or blue ink.(I think one fades more than the other, not sure which one)

2. A picture of them. Signed with a sharpie.

3. A card of theirs...Either base or a Rookie card

4. Something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
"Best item" is a totally relative term. Are you planning on reselling said item, or keeping it? If you're planning to keep it, get whatever YOU like best signed. I personally prefer signed baseballs (using a standard ball-point pen). I don't care much for photos, since I don't have much wall space to display them. Same for cards. But if you really enjoy photos over baseballs, go for that.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

I preferably like baseballs. There relatively small and easy to proudly display. I try and use mainly pen, color doesn't really matter to much to me but black or blue is preferable. I might do something with a focus on team color, maybe, depending on how well it shows up. For example, when I get Rays players to sign I specifically use blue. If White Sox players I use black. A Cardinal's auto might look good in red I'd think but I wouldn't know about fading and what not. Generally I'd say sharpie type ink has a tendency to fade more.

How much are the charging for the Jon Jay auto's. I would have him sign anything with the quote "THE U" added to it.
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

Thanks for the replies, I had a feeling that baseballs were the way to go.

(09-12-2011, 04:20 PM)grfyfan Wrote: How much are the charging for the Jon Jay auto's. I would have him sign anything with the quote "THE U" added to it.
I believe the autos are $20 each, or $55 for all three.

Is this in stl? If so where? I live in Columbia and if its a time I can make it I would love to try and get there.

I prefer cards, especially cards like Heritage, Goudey, cool-looking inserts
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

The LCS is in O'Fallon, IL. It is 15 miles east of STL. The website is ecollectorscorner.com for more information.

Blue pen.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.