Beckett Message Boards
Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ (/thread-1577129.html)

Pages: 1 2

Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - DrMitchJ - 08-23-2015

Man o'man! Have you seen the price jump on the Topps US175 Trout RC? Can't talk actual pricing but a 66% price jump is pretty astounding! Check it out! Not sure how recently this happened, but I just noticed it!

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - Hofcollector - 08-23-2015

Yeah, pretty nice huh? I was glad to see that (I have a bunch).

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - zeprock - 08-23-2015

Holy Batcrap!
Still cringing since I traded my dupe when it was a $3 card.

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - woogie23 - 08-23-2015

Looks like I need to take a long hard look through all of my cards in pages and boxes. I wouldn't mind "finding" this mixed in with some random rookies/commons from that year/set. heh I think that year I was just buying cards and pulling my Cubs a side and filing the rest.

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - jaredhuizenga - 08-23-2015

Ugh ... I love that I still have 2 of them and I'm especially happy about having the Walmart blue version. But the 5 or 6 other base cards I sold for $15 a piece are making me a little ill right now.

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - aprirr - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 11:54 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Ugh ... I love that I still have 2 of them and I'm especially happy about having the Walmart blue version. But the 5 or 6 other base cards I sold for $15 a piece are making me a little ill right now.

Yeah, we traded 7 or 8 of them when they were at $20 so I feel your pain, man!

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - DrMitchJ - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 10:07 AM)woogie23 Wrote: Looks like I need to take a long hard look through all of my cards in pages and boxes. I wouldn't mind "finding" this mixed in with some random rookies/commons from that year/set. heh I think that year I was just buying cards and pulling my Cubs a side and filing the rest.

Ya'never know what you'll find!

(08-23-2015, 09:16 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Yeah, pretty nice huh? I was glad to see that (I have a bunch).

Likewise! Better than the stock market Smile

(08-23-2015, 09:51 AM)zeprock Wrote: Holy Batcrap!
Still cringing since I traded my dupe when it was a $3 card.

Ouch, that hurts! Sad

(08-23-2015, 11:54 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Ugh ... I love that I still have 2 of them and I'm especially happy about having the Walmart blue version. But the 5 or 6 other base cards I sold for $15 a piece are making me a little ill right now.

I traded one base US175 card when it was at $25 ... Stupidly, around that same time I was too stubborn (cheap?) to shell out $25-$30 for the diamond version of the us175 on eBay. Shoulda woulda coulda
(08-23-2015, 12:09 PM)aprirr Wrote: Yeah, we traded 7 or 8 of them when they were at $20 so I feel your pain, man!

Double ouch!! That stinks!

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - alfredoleal2001 - 08-23-2015

darn i dont have one lol

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - jacobystealshome - 08-23-2015

i try not to look at values of cards i have given out as part of my dutch auction. but when you keep a record in your org of every order you have received for the past 6-7 years...

i have given out 16 of these trouts over the past 3 years

ill be over here crying for a moment

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$ - waynetalger - 08-23-2015

I just checked and I dont have that particular one but I have I have some of the other ones and they went down. Just my luck.