`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$

Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$
Man o'man! Have you seen the price jump on the Topps US175 Trout RC? Can't talk actual pricing but a 66% price jump is pretty astounding! Check it out! Not sure how recently this happened, but I just noticed it!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Holy Halibut, look at those Trout$
Yeah, pretty nice huh? I was glad to see that (I have a bunch).

Holy Batcrap!
Still cringing since I traded my dupe when it was a $3 card.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Looks like I need to take a long hard look through all of my cards in pages and boxes. I wouldn't mind "finding" this mixed in with some random rookies/commons from that year/set. heh I think that year I was just buying cards and pulling my Cubs a side and filing the rest.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Ugh ... I love that I still have 2 of them and I'm especially happy about having the Walmart blue version. But the 5 or 6 other base cards I sold for $15 a piece are making me a little ill right now.
Kepler

(08-23-2015, 11:54 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Ugh ... I love that I still have 2 of them and I'm especially happy about having the Walmart blue version. But the 5 or 6 other base cards I sold for $15 a piece are making me a little ill right now.
Yeah, we traded 7 or 8 of them when they were at $20 so I feel your pain, man!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(08-23-2015, 10:07 AM)woogie23 Wrote: Looks like I need to take a long hard look through all of my cards in pages and boxes. I wouldn't mind "finding" this mixed in with some random rookies/commons from that year/set. heh I think that year I was just buying cards and pulling my Cubs a side and filing the rest.
Ya'never know what you'll find!

(08-23-2015, 09:16 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Yeah, pretty nice huh? I was glad to see that (I have a bunch).
Likewise! Better than the stock market Smile

(08-23-2015, 09:51 AM)zeprock Wrote: Holy Batcrap!
Still cringing since I traded my dupe when it was a $3 card.
Ouch, that hurts! Sad

(08-23-2015, 11:54 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Ugh ... I love that I still have 2 of them and I'm especially happy about having the Walmart blue version. But the 5 or 6 other base cards I sold for $15 a piece are making me a little ill right now.
I traded one base US175 card when it was at $25 ... Stupidly, around that same time I was too stubborn (cheap?) to shell out $25-$30 for the diamond version of the us175 on eBay. Shoulda woulda coulda
(08-23-2015, 12:09 PM)aprirr Wrote: Yeah, we traded 7 or 8 of them when they were at $20 so I feel your pain, man!
Double ouch!! That stinks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

darn i dont have one lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

i try not to look at values of cards i have given out as part of my dutch auction. but when you keep a record in your org of every order you have received for the past 6-7 years...

i have given out 16 of these trouts over the past 3 years

ill be over here crying for a moment

I just checked and I dont have that particular one but I have I have some of the other ones and they went down. Just my luck.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]