Beckett Message Boards
Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? (/thread-1533654.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - mrgonzodad - 04-18-2013

I have been screwing around with my phone for the past few weeks and wondered what the FB board members have or use.

Mine:

Galaxy S2 (sch-r760) generic cdma on Alaska Communications

I never had an iphone, but one of my brothers and my mom do. I personally can't stand the Apple ecosystem. I get why people like their products but I like to tinker with things and an android based system fits that need.

I rooted my phone and am trying to figure out how I can convert some rom's built for other similar phones to work on mine. It's a lot of reading, but a lot of fun.

So what do you use and why?

Thanks for reading

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - jdetter23 - 04-18-2013

iPhone 5 on Verizon Wireless. I had a droid before and though it was good, it wasnt fully compatible with my macbook. The battery life was also terrible but thats because of the large screen. I love my iPhone now as the battery is just ridiculous and with iCloud I can transfer stuff from my phone to computer easily.

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - thelegendjerryrice - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 04:57 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I have been screwing around with my phone for the past few weeks and wondered what the FB board members have or use.

Mine:

Galaxy S2 (sch-r760) generic cdma on Alaska Communications

I never had an iphone, but one of my brothers and my mom do. I personally can't stand the Apple ecosystem. I get why people like their products but I like to tinker with things and an android based system fits that need.

I rooted my phone and am trying to figure out how I can convert some rom's built for other similar phones to work on mine. It's a lot of reading, but a lot of fun.

So what do you use and why?

Thanks for reading

Also has a Galaxy 2 Big Grin
But with Sprint.
Had T Mobile but they had some sort of issue when I went to upgrade to a Galaxy 2 and I went to 2 sep. stores and both had issues.... So I got annoyed and went to the Sprint store in the mall I was at and got it with them.........

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - branesergen - 04-18-2013

I have a Galaxy S2 Captivate thru AT&T. I use AT&T because its the only service I can get when I'm out on Rigs. And I went with the S2 because its just an awesome phone lol I will never use an iPhone because of their whole ecosystem as you put it lol

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - bigdehart64 - 04-18-2013

I have a lower end LG Optimus driod from Straight Talk and love it. Its works off of verizon network. For what I use it for its more then enough.

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - joe callahan13 - 04-18-2013

Motorola Razr HD Maxx on Verizon. Battery life is insane, which is the main reason I got it. The fact that it can be unlocked and rooted as of last week is now just a big fat bonus.

You can actually have an HD quality movie play on max brightness for 16 hours straight before the battery dies. I got it because I use my phone more than most people and I have never gone through a full day without charging before I got this. I will never go back.(Plus the rest of the specs are as impressive as the battery- 3300mah for comparison) Now I am waiting to see what Moto does now that they are part of Google. Mid-May is their I/O conference (Google's), so I am hoping they unveil the new "X phone", but I am not sure if that will happen.

And ditto on the iphone. I am die hard Android. :-)

On a side note, I am expecting to see a CM10 release for this pretty soon!

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - mrgonzodad - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 05:05 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Also has a Galaxy 2 Big Grin
But with Sprint.
Had T Mobile but they had some sort of issue when I went to upgrade to a Galaxy 2 and I went to 2 sep. stores and both had issues.... So I got annoyed and went to the Sprint store in the mall I was at and got it with them.........

I'm pretty sure you can go to the Samsung support page and download the upgrade to JB if haven't already. I did and it is about 100 times better than GB. The battery life drops a bit, but eventually gets reconditioned to what you're used to.
(04-18-2013, 05:20 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Motorola Razr HD Maxx on Verizon. Battery life is insane, which is the main reason I got it. The fact that it can be unlocked and rooted as of last week is now just a big fat bonus.

You can actually have an HD quality movie play on max brightness for 16 hours straight before the battery dies. I got it because I use my phone more than most people and I have never gone through a full day without charging before I got this. I will never go back.(Plus the rest of the specs are as impressive as the battery- 3300mah for comparison) Now I am waiting to see what Moto does now that they are part of Google. Mid-May is their I/O conference (Google's), so I am hoping they unveil the new "X phone", but I am not sure if that will happen.

And ditto on the iphone. I am die hard Android. :-)

On a side note, I am expecting to see a CM10 release for this pretty soon!

Verizon is almost available up here, should be providing service by late summer. Now we're going to be able to choose from 4 different LTE services in AK.

I might have to switch to Verizon if ACS doesn't get that Maxx or the Note2. Moto just announced future phones will be shipped with plain android, no crappy manufacturer UI.

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - rogue655 - 04-18-2013

What's a smart phone?

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - koolkellygirl - 04-18-2013

I've got a cool lg motion 4g from metro pcs. I like being able to check my work email from out in the field, where I usually am. I love my phone.

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why? - brentboudreaux1 - 04-18-2013

iPhone 5 on AT&T. I have been with them since 2000 (well bellsouth then Cingular)
But they always had better service back then. I haven't had an issue with AT&T.
As for the iPhone, I'm a Mac nerd. MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone...you get the picture.
I've had every iPhone since the first one. Smile