`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why?

Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why?
I have been screwing around with my phone for the past few weeks and wondered what the FB board members have or use.

Mine:

Galaxy S2 (sch-r760) generic cdma on Alaska Communications

I never had an iphone, but one of my brothers and my mom do. I personally can't stand the Apple ecosystem. I get why people like their products but I like to tinker with things and an android based system fits that need.

I rooted my phone and am trying to figure out how I can convert some rom's built for other similar phones to work on mine. It's a lot of reading, but a lot of fun.

So what do you use and why?

Thanks for reading

[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why?
iPhone 5 on Verizon Wireless. I had a droid before and though it was good, it wasnt fully compatible with my macbook. The battery life was also terrible but thats because of the large screen. I love my iPhone now as the battery is just ridiculous and with iCloud I can transfer stuff from my phone to computer easily.

(04-18-2013, 04:57 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I have been screwing around with my phone for the past few weeks and wondered what the FB board members have or use.

Mine:

Galaxy S2 (sch-r760) generic cdma on Alaska Communications

I never had an iphone, but one of my brothers and my mom do. I personally can't stand the Apple ecosystem. I get why people like their products but I like to tinker with things and an android based system fits that need.

I rooted my phone and am trying to figure out how I can convert some rom's built for other similar phones to work on mine. It's a lot of reading, but a lot of fun.

So what do you use and why?

Thanks for reading
Also has a Galaxy 2 Big Grin
But with Sprint.
Had T Mobile but they had some sort of issue when I went to upgrade to a Galaxy 2 and I went to 2 sep. stores and both had issues.... So I got annoyed and went to the Sprint store in the mall I was at and got it with them.........

I have a Galaxy S2 Captivate thru AT&T. I use AT&T because its the only service I can get when I'm out on Rigs. And I went with the S2 because its just an awesome phone lol I will never use an iPhone because of their whole ecosystem as you put it lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I have a lower end LG Optimus driod from Straight Talk and love it. Its works off of verizon network. For what I use it for its more then enough.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

Motorola Razr HD Maxx on Verizon. Battery life is insane, which is the main reason I got it. The fact that it can be unlocked and rooted as of last week is now just a big fat bonus.

You can actually have an HD quality movie play on max brightness for 16 hours straight before the battery dies. I got it because I use my phone more than most people and I have never gone through a full day without charging before I got this. I will never go back.(Plus the rest of the specs are as impressive as the battery- 3300mah for comparison) Now I am waiting to see what Moto does now that they are part of Google. Mid-May is their I/O conference (Google's), so I am hoping they unveil the new "X phone", but I am not sure if that will happen.

And ditto on the iphone. I am die hard Android. :-)

On a side note, I am expecting to see a CM10 release for this pretty soon!

(04-18-2013, 05:05 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Also has a Galaxy 2 Big Grin
But with Sprint.
Had T Mobile but they had some sort of issue when I went to upgrade to a Galaxy 2 and I went to 2 sep. stores and both had issues.... So I got annoyed and went to the Sprint store in the mall I was at and got it with them.........
I'm pretty sure you can go to the Samsung support page and download the upgrade to JB if haven't already. I did and it is about 100 times better than GB. The battery life drops a bit, but eventually gets reconditioned to what you're used to.
(04-18-2013, 05:20 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Motorola Razr HD Maxx on Verizon. Battery life is insane, which is the main reason I got it. The fact that it can be unlocked and rooted as of last week is now just a big fat bonus.

You can actually have an HD quality movie play on max brightness for 16 hours straight before the battery dies. I got it because I use my phone more than most people and I have never gone through a full day without charging before I got this. I will never go back.(Plus the rest of the specs are as impressive as the battery- 3300mah for comparison) Now I am waiting to see what Moto does now that they are part of Google. Mid-May is their I/O conference (Google's), so I am hoping they unveil the new "X phone", but I am not sure if that will happen.

And ditto on the iphone. I am die hard Android. :-)

On a side note, I am expecting to see a CM10 release for this pretty soon!
Verizon is almost available up here, should be providing service by late summer. Now we're going to be able to choose from 4 different LTE services in AK.

I might have to switch to Verizon if ACS doesn't get that Maxx or the Note2. Moto just announced future phones will be shipped with plain android, no crappy manufacturer UI.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

What's a smart phone?
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

I've got a cool lg motion 4g from metro pcs. I like being able to check my work email from out in the field, where I usually am. I love my phone.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

iPhone 5 on AT&T. I have been with them since 2000 (well bellsouth then Cingular)
But they always had better service back then. I haven't had an issue with AT&T.
As for the iPhone, I'm a Mac nerd. MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone...you get the picture.
I've had every iPhone since the first one. Smile
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127