Beckett Message Boards
Peculiar Trading Situation - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Peculiar Trading Situation (/thread-1495654.html)

Pages: 1 2

Peculiar Trading Situation - slufan83 - 04-10-2012

I haven't rally been big on baseball cards for awhile, but I saw a member's set need thread and I happened to have one of the cards he needed. I sent over a quick 1 for 1 trade offer and specified that just a quick PWE deal was fine with me. It was accepted on March 27th and I shipped the card the next day. 2 weeks later I still haven't gotten my card so I kindly asked the other trader if they had a chance to ship yet. I get a reply back tonight saying they never got the card I sent. I just find it odd that there had been no communication prior to this from the other member until I came asking about my card. Just seems fishy that now they claim they never got the card I sent when I bring up that it's been two weeks and I never got my card. I guess it could be a coincidence, but very odd considering I've never had anything not show up.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - ktcardshop - 04-11-2012

(04-10-2012, 11:43 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I haven't rally been big on baseball cards for awhile, but I saw a member's set need thread and I happened to have one of the cards he needed. I sent over a quick 1 for 1 trade offer and specified that just a quick PWE deal was fine with me. It was accepted on March 27th and I shipped the card the next day. 2 weeks later I still haven't gotten my card so I kindly asked the other trader if they had a chance to ship yet. I get a reply back tonight saying they never got the card I sent. I just find it odd that there had been no communication prior to this from the other member until I came asking about my card. Just seems fishy that now they claim they never got the card I sent when I bring up that it's been two weeks and I never got my card. I guess it could be a coincidence, but very odd considering I've never had anything not show up.

That goes to show that a "quick PWE deal" doesn't work. Unfortunately in this day and age you must protect yourself and send with a delivery confirmation for all trades, then there is no disputing that something has been delivered.

Ray

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - bryandavidknight - 04-11-2012

Yea unfortunately the dishonesty of people these days makes me put DC on everything. Good thing is it's free on PayPal shipping but it's gonna still cost you $1.64 to ship. The ONLY things I ship PWE anymore is sometimes I will ship a card for free to someone who needs a $1-$3 card for a set and it's too small for a trade I will usually give it to them for future considerations. Lol.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - sesfan01 - 04-12-2012

this is exactly why I won't do a trade as pwe even if it is not a significant amount. sorry this has happened to you.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - beatles guy - 04-15-2012

Delivery confirmation only confirms that it was delivered, not who it was delivered to. Not that I don't use it from time to time or when requested, but it's not perfect.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - Krangry - 04-15-2012

Sounds shady, what does him not receiving what you sent have anything to do with whether or not your card was sent.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - michaelstepper - 04-15-2012

Seems pretty pathetic thing to do for what sounds like a set filler. star or not maybe a couple bucks tops but to not say anything for two weeks? sounds odd. Did you agree to send first? why would he wait?

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - mcflysportscards - 04-15-2012

Did you happen to re-check the set needs thread, if the card you sent is no longer needed, then you know the person was dishonest.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - 0mattinglyalexander0 - 04-15-2012

was it a brand new user? or something....

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation - ktcardshop - 04-15-2012

(04-15-2012, 01:31 AM)beatles guy Wrote: Delivery confirmation only confirms that it was delivered, not who it was delivered to. Not that I don't use it from time to time or when requested, but it's not perfect.

It does let you know when a package was delivered or if it has gotten misdirected. I live in a town named Paris so I have had a package misdirected from time to time. It is handy to know that the delivery has been delayed. Besides if you use PayPal to print your labels you save $0.41 on a bubble mailer up to 3 ounces and the DC is free.

Ray