Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - beginesj - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:16 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Then we found out that he sold the same card to 2 persons. Hopefully, he try to clear everything out, because he won't be in a good situation.

If selling to 2 people is talking about my situation I dont think he intentionaly try to sell it to two people. Like I said I recieved the PM before he sold it. I then posted when I logged on after he sold it because I didnt know he sold it. That problem might be because I didnt confirm he still need it sold.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:25 PM)beginesj Wrote: If selling to 2 people is talking about my situation I dont think he intentionaly try to sell it to two people. Like I said I recieved the PM before he sold it. I then posted when I logged on after he sold it because I didnt know he sold it. That problem might be because I didnt confirm he still need it sold.

No man, he actually sold it to another member. He posted earlier in the thread and PM'd me.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - cptnemo66 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:25 PM)beginesj Wrote: If selling to 2 people is talking about my situation I dont think he intentionaly try to sell it to two people. Like I said I recieved the PM before he sold it. I then posted when I logged on after he sold it because I didnt know he sold it. That problem might be because I didnt confirm he still need it sold.

Check vpina87's reply on page 4.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - MoveNsilencE - 03-24-2012

Being a new member reading this, I am nervous trading anything valuable. Especially seeing how I have to build my cred and send my card(s) first. HOWEVER, dealing with the handful of members that I have so far and following this post over the past couple of hours...you can tell this is a tight knit community of people with the same interest. Everyone is looking out for each other and that is something to say!

Derek I really hope this works out for you. $1 card or $1,000 card...this is unfortunate.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - mjanooz - 03-24-2012

Derek....hope my 152 was not used to get this card..instead of sending me mine....

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:23 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Now see I've dealt with this guy (dontpray) a million times too. Hell we have each others phone number. That's trading you can trust. I've learned my lesson. I will be very very cautious of anyone anymore. I hate that it comes to that but I never dreamed Jake was gonna pull this.

If anyone does ever wanna chat cards I am not afraid to talk on the phone. I am the real deal, honest hard working, with a family. This is a passion (if you haven't noticed). I've collected since I was a kid. I sell when in need and buy when I can as well. When I die they may lay my butt to rest in the Topps Vault for gosh sakes. This has just left a sour taste in my mouth that makes me wanna quit cards all together. Why do guys have to do this? The hobby is fun whether your collecting huge name autos or bad of your favorite team. For guys like this it's no longer a hobby.

+1 .....i believe you99.9%.....

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - chrisa19978 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:07 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Thanks for posting. I am trying hard not to post names of those who know details on this. You guys posting though who have been involved are just examples of the suspiciousness surrounding this deal.

I haven't played on blowout until recently and my guess is Jake had no idea I'd see the post and inquire on the card. Who doesn't inquire though on a thread saying Yu Darvish for sale $500. I didnt post to buy that one, just asked why you'd sell for that. The only way I landed the money for this was by selling a ton on blowout then a respected board member here lent me $185 to cover the rest. He has asked to be nameless but he is getting burned for now too until the money comes back for me to repay him.

I think Chris could agree the guy who loaned the money is a good guy though, I mean after all he sent Chris and Ichiro auto and let him pay after. Yep, same guy Chris. Please keep his name out of this.

Yeah he is a good guy and I have full trust in him.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - beginesj - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:28 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Check vpina87's reply on page 4.

I see now!!

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:29 PM)mjanooz Wrote: Derek....hope my 152 was not used to get this card..instead of sending me mine....

No man it was a straight transfer to a guy on blowout. I can send you details tonight man. His I'd was savemethegum. He had good feedback.

I paid for the card to make the 20th as well. I think you paid me after that.
(03-24-2012, 05:28 PM)MoveNsilencE Wrote: Being a new member reading this, I am nervous trading anything valuable. Especially seeing how I have to build my cred and send my card(s) first. HOWEVER, dealing with the handful of members that I have so far and following this post over the past couple of hours...you can tell this is a tight knit community of people with the same interest. Everyone is looking out for each other and that is something to say!

Derek I really hope this works out for you. $1 card or $1,000 card...this is unfortunate.

999% good people here man

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - PadresFan86 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:25 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: bah... if so he would have ripped off 4 people.....

Hahaha