Beckett Message Boards
Advice on my PC - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Advice on my PC (/thread-1463154.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Advice on my PC - dbroockerd - 10-23-2011

If you never look at it, why have it? Isn't the point of collecting being able to appreciate the collection? Like if a museum never displayed any of their artifacts, why would museums need to exist?
[/quote]

I have to agree with this. I pull mine out all the time and say "look at this babe." She at least pretends to care. She always says things like "that's cool. Did you just get that?" Its not real passion but she pretends for me. Gotta love that.

RE: Advice on my PC - talkntribe - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 03:48 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: If you never look at it, why have it? Isn't the point of collecting being able to appreciate the collection? Like if a museum never displayed any of their artifacts, why would museums need to exist?

I have to agree with this. I pull mine out all the time and say "look at this babe." She at least pretends to care. She always says things like "that's cool. Did you just get that?" Its not real passion but she pretends for me. Gotta love that.

[/quote]
I don't want my wife to pretend to like something.Thats one thing I love about our relationship. If she doesn't like something,she has no problem saying so. I tried to get her into the hobby during the summer. She always bought my cards and even pulled a few. Then one day she was like "hun, I think this is a waste of money". When i get trades in the mail. She knows its cards. I don't show her my stuff because she doesn't care.Just like I don't care to hear about her chick shows or what she read in cosmo.lol. It would bother me way too much to think she was pretending to like something.It would also make me think what else is she faking. I couldn't handle it. lol.We may not agree on things or like the same stuff and its okay. I get what your saying though.

RE: Advice on my PC - PadresFan86 - 10-23-2011

Tell her who's boss!!!

RE: Advice on my PC - sesfan01 - 10-23-2011

coming from a similar situation, I can understand your predicament. When I first told my wife I was going to get back into collecting, at first she was more than ok with it and even asked about some of the cards I was displaying. Then she started noticing about how many boxes and binders my cards were in and the space they were taking up. I had to compromise with her and stored them in the back corner of the closet, but after we bought our home earlier this year I was able to get my own space to store and display my entire collection.

Now she just says that as long as my collection doesn't outgrow the space it's in now, she doesn't have a problem with it out.

...Compromise....
it's a good thing.

RE: Advice on my PC - yankees_pride - 10-24-2011

Bro I just moved my collect into binders. I love it a lot more now. I can see each card and it fits nicely on a book shelf. Also when I go to trade I can flip to a specific year and see if I have/need and double check easily. I still keep all the game used and autos in screwdowns and display different ones on my desk and switch them up every once in a while. I will always show my wife the "cool" or unique cards just to see what kind of reaction I can get out of here. She thought the ginter was goofy, "why does Cheryl Burke have a baseball card" but she still participated. Anyway good luck and let here know it could be worse, drugs, alcohol, lottery tix which you would have nothing to show for,