`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on my PC

Advice on my PC

Hey guys. I need some advice on how to store my pc. This is for my M.Ramirez. I have over 1500 cards each in toploaders. Well today my wife decided to come down on me. She says its taking up space. I think it started because I told her I needed more toploaders.lol. I also have a box of 1,000 ultra pro pages. So my question is- Would they be safer in the toploaders or in pages? The pages are nice because you can veiw and flip,but for some reason the cards always seem to start sliding out. I want to protect them the best way possible and make the misses happy also. Any advice and reason for the answer would be good.

Daniel
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: Advice on my PC
I have a binder for each of my pc players, i just switched over to binders cuz the toploaders to me take up too much space and are hard to keep in order. I still have all my autos and high end gus and inserts in toploaders

I keep 5000 count monster boxes under my bed. For my wife it's out of sight, out of mind
[Image: Boston.jpg]

(10-23-2011, 03:20 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: I keep 5000 count monster boxes under my bed. For my wife it's out of sight, out of mind
lol. Thats a good one.Unfortunately my wife took over that spot too. Between her and the kids, i'm pressed for space. BIG TIME. lol

You pretty much have 3 options: Get rid of the misses! LoL. Turn the garage into a man-cave. Or hide them away in 2000 CT boxes in the closet.

The only way to compromise would be to have a small space and display 50 or so at a time. Collecting and a misses that doesn't get collecting is a hard way to live. haha
KrissyNBrandon

(10-23-2011, 03:22 PM)krissynbrandon Wrote: You pretty much have 3 options: Get rid of the misses! LoL. Turn the garage into a man-cave. Or hide them away in 2000 CT boxes in the closet.

The only way to compromise would be to have a small space and display 50 or so at a time. Collecting and a misses that doesn't get collecting is a hard way to live. haha
I don't want to get rid of the misses. She is good for now.lol
I don't have a garage,attic,or basement.lol I never look at my pc. It goes into sleeves,toploader,team bag and then into a box. I own a 4x4 area. I don't have any space what so ever. The dog has more space than i do.. I guess its gonna have to be binders. Then it will be too many binders. lol Guess no matter what,they will never be happy.

(10-23-2011, 03:28 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I don't want to get rid of the misses. She is good for now.lol
I don't have a garage,attic,or basement.lol I never look at my pc. It goes into sleeves,toploader,team bag and then into a box. I own a 4x4 area. I don't have any space what so ever. The dog has more space than i do.. I guess its gonna have to be binders. Then it will be too many binders. lol Guess no matter what,they will never be happy.
If you never look at it, why have it? Isn't the point of collecting being able to appreciate the collection? Like if a museum never displayed any of their artifacts, why would museums need to exist?
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

I don't get this. It is 1500 cards and it takes up one box. Slide it anywhere man. The top of a closet, under a bed. There are a million places. If your wife won't let you have a 6x12 inch area in your home man you need to lay down the law. I respect my wife more than anything but she'd never tell me I can't have an area that big in my home to store a box. The binder takes up just as much space really.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Your cards are going to be stored in a storage locker and swooped up by Dave on Storage Wars!@ YUuuuuuuupppppppppppppp@!!!!

You should get little stands and put them around the coffemaker, her sink, and her nightstand. Drive her nuts! hahaha
KrissyNBrandon

(10-23-2011, 03:30 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: If you never look at it, why have it? Isn't the point of collecting being able to appreciate the collection? Like if a museum never displayed any of their artifacts, why would museums need to exist?
I look at them when I get them in trades or pulls. I may look a few times but with so much cards its hard to go through them all.

Dbroockerd- Its a few boxes. I have a box for each team ramirez played for. The boxes are the two row show box type. I like to be organized.I could put them into one big box but its so much easier to keep them in order from year and team.