`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, since none of us live close to each other...

Hey, since none of us live close to each other...
What's the hot card boxes to pick up (if you're extremely lucky) at Walmart or Target?

Should be some good ones released this month, but I'd rather spend my money on a winner.

By the way, I'm not one of those persons following the card rep from store to store and I haven't seen any available to buy in over a month.

RE: Hey, since none of us live close to each other...
Options are so limited where I am, Walmarts are always picked clean, but I'll get a 2021 Heritage there sometimes, even scored a big box of 2020-21 Upper Deck Hockey that had some good RC pulls because they're Young Guns - some of the best RC's in the hobby. But mostly, I find myself ordering boxes online, trading here, or hitting up the card shop for an overpriced hobby box and a TON...of top loaders and sleeves lol.

This is a great question because of how annoyingly difficult it is to find retail boxes. Recently, I've taken to ordering from Walmart's website or app, because you have your choice of hobby boxes, blaster boxes, hangers, fat packs, holiday mega boxes. It's all there. And while there definitely IS a mark-up that reflects what the hobby is doing, it is NOTHING compared to those dudes ruining all our FB groups by selling retail boxes for a 1,500% mark-up. That's just...disgusting. I love this hobby, but I cannot afford that crap.

Speaking of which...everybody sees the "limit 3 items" signs up at Target & Walmart, on the shelf for cards? Has anybody noticed that NOBODY is enforcing that rule? Not where I live, and I mean MULTIPLE locations for any retail outlet, every shelf empty within minutes of filling. I know this, because the rare occasions I do score some retail stuff...I buy 4 items lol.

Want to know an evil little trick, fellow collectors? WhenEVER you find some boxes retail...grab them all, put them in a cart or a basket, and then go stash them in strategic locations throughout the store. Buy what you can, obviously, and then come back later when you can buy more. OR! Let your fellow collectors in your area know where they can FINALLY get some cards to rip open. Let's take it back for the true collectors. Not sure who the true collectors are? Here's a hint: we can't fight the urge to rip boxes open. So if you see me, and I have a retail box for re-sale...THAT AIN'T ME! KILL IT! IT'S CLEARLY ALREADY KILLED ME! I bid you good day, sir.
MINNY FAN - AT ALL TIMES I AM LOOKING TO TRADE FOR KAPRIZOV RC's
Kid lights lamp. Kid goes top-cheddar half-clapper bardownski from the blue line. What's he doing back there? Kid goes 5-hole from behind the net. Kid's skating ability is set to stun. FULL atties. You got any of those?

RE: Hey, since none of us live close to each other...
The local card distributor at my local Walmart I've heard was quitting so no cards coming at all.
She was a young girl who one cashier said was on verge on a breakdown because 15-20 guys would hang around long enough for her to put them on shelf, take a picture to show she did work for her employer, then get out of the way. Poor kid.
Even the cashier at the self checkout area said she was a nervous wreck and thought of coming in after the store closed (like after 10 p.m.) to put the cards out in peace.