`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romo is the next wash-up QB?

Romo is the next wash-up QB?
What you guys think? Romo will the new name of washed-up QB who never lived up to their potentials...ie. Hasselbeck, Palmer, McNabb...but I don't hate the guy but he was an a*shole when he came to Hawaii for the Pro-bowl..Romo told the bus driver: ""Do you know who I am?"...Yep You are the once-glorified QB of Dallas Cowboys who is playing under the shadow of Aikman...

RE: Romo is the next wash-up QB?
YES!! I have been saying this for 3 years at least. Its about time someone else sees it. They blamed all the receivers and backs for his mistakes. I wish the owner would wake up and smell the crap he is shoveling to us as fans. Sad thing he sticks to his guns and says " He is the best qb in the league" Ha.
Give the young squirt a chance and let Mcgee play. Maybe it will shaken Homo I mean Romo to snap I am god attitude and bring back the humble attitude.

No after Aikman you had Cocain head Quincy Carter as the starting QB after Aikman for what 1 1/2 seasons At least they did something right with Quincy BY-BY.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I am not a Dallas fan....but ever since I saw Mcgee play last year I have been wondering why he isn't the starter....I agree with all of this...Romo is a wash-up....although with the original post...I have trouble calling Mcnabb,Hassleback,and Palmer wash-ups....especially the first 2.
Mcnabb is one of the top 50 QB's in NFL history...hard to say he never lived up to anything....JMO
but yes ROMO OUT MCGEE IN!!!

I wouldn't say wash up. That's a little far. He got hurt yesterday and came back to get the W
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

No kidding,i would like to see one of ya'll get some broken ribs and come back in the game and go for 12 of 16 for 201 yards and 2 touchdowns in a quarter and take some more hits and still win the game. Knowing they HAD to win. Tough bastard and people need to get off his *****, sorry mods for the language. Last week when they were on the 3 yard line, he should have never fumbled cause they should have been running the damn ball with Felix and taking time off the clock with a 7 point lead as it was, then ensure a two possession lead in the game. That is a coach who cannot stray away from his tendency to pass. Romo has had his share of mistakes cause he wants to win, but he has been put in bad situations with the play calling. Give him a break. Even an Eagle fan cut him some slack!

Before you say washed up consider what he has done with a Offesive line that has never been on of the better in the NFL since romo has started:

In one of the more intriguing success stories in recent NFL history, Tony Romo ascended from the ranks of undrafted free agent - and three-year back-up quarterback - to a record setting, three-time Pro Bowl selection for the Dallas Cowboys. With 55 career regular season starts under his belt, Romo is well on his way to re-writing Cowboys passing records with his stellar and unique style of quarterback play. Elusive and instinctive in the pocket, he relies on a quick release, solid arm strength and excellent accuracy. His greatest asset may be his ability to see the field and find the open receiver - regardless of whether he is in a stationary position or eluding the pass rush. With a 38-17 regular season record as the Dallas starter, Romo led the Cowboys to 13 wins in 2007 - tying the franchise record for victories in a season. Along the way, he set single-season club marks for touchdown passes (36), completions (335), yardage (4,211) and 300-yard games (seven).

He also set a Dallas mark for consecutive games with a touchdown pass with 17 straight between 2006 and 2007. His 2008 season was not as productive as 2007 after suffering a broken finger in his throwing hand at Arizona (10/12). Despite missing three games with the injury, Romo still threw for 300-or-more yards six times - second only to his seven from 2007 - while throwing for 3,448 yards - his second consecutive 3,000-plus yard season - to become the first quarterback with back-to-back 3,000-yard seasons since Troy Aikman (1995-97). Romo's third full season as a starter eclipsed his previous two as he became the first quarterback in club history to be on the field for every snap of the season. The 2009 season saw Romo set club records for attempts (550), completions (347), passing yards (4,483) and 300-yard games (eight) while throwing a career-low nine interceptions - tied for the fourth-fewest in a season in club history among quarterbacks with at least 300 attempts. He helped guide Dallas to an 11-5 record, the club's 17th NFC East Division title and Dallas' first playoff win since 1996. The 2009 season also saw Romo top 1,500 career attempts to make him eligible for career passing records.

For his career, Romo has completed 1,178-of-1,857 (63.4%) for 15,045 yards and a passer rating of 95.6. He has thrown 107 career scoring passes against 55 interceptions. He ranks fourth in club history in completions and fifth in attempts, passing yards and touchdowns. Signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2003, he made his first career start at the Carolina Panthers on Oct. 29, 2006, and, by December of that year, he became Dallas' first Pro Bowl quarterback since Aikman in 1996. Romo rose to prominence during a stretch in which six of his first 11 starts were nationally televised. In his first 10 regular season starts, he led the Cowboys to six victories and a playoff berth. He also led the NFL with 8.6 yards-per-pass attempt in 2006.

His 95.1 quarterback rating as a first-time starter was the third-best in Cowboys history. He exceeded that mark with a 97.4 rating in 2007. After joining the Cowboys in 2003, Romo showed enough potential during training camp to become the third quarterback. He split time with Drew Henson as the backup quarterback in 2004 but became the primary backup quarterback behind Drew Bledsoe throughout 2005. He also was the holder for field goals and extra points from 2004 to 2006 and volunteered to hold again in 2009.

Only Steve Young (96.8) boasts a better career passer rating. But that record is clearly in jeopardy. With two or three more excellent outings, Romo will leap past Young and stand as the most efficient passer in the history of the game. Hard to believe, considering that Romo was an undrafted free agent in 2003 that nobody had heard of as recently as 2006.

Records and honors

2006 Pro Bowl
2007 Pro Bowl
2009 Pro Bowl

NFL all-time records
Career

#4 All-Time Career Passer Rating: 95.5
#4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1

Dallas Cowboys team records
Career

Games with 300+ yards passing: 25 (previously held by Troy Aikman with 13)

Season

Games with 300+ yards passing: 8 (2009)
Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
Passing yards: 4,483 (2009); only Cowboys' quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season (2007. 2009)
Completions: 347 (2009); previously held by Romo with 335

Game

On Nov 23, 2006, Romo threw 5 TD passes in a game, a record he shares with Troy Aikman.

Ok washed up and mentioned with the likes of hasselbeck and Palmer? The guy is only 31 and has already set some amazing records. If he had time to sit in the pocket, order a pizza and read the sunday funnies like tom brady and peyton manning, you can say romo is one of the elite and just as good if not better then brady or manning. Romo would destroy teams if he had a O-line half as good as the patriots.
In fact Romos current career QB rating(95.9) is better then peyton manning(94.9) and tom brady(95.8) and he is younger then both of those guys plus having to work with worse offensive lines. Sounds to me like manning and brady would be more washed up then romo ya?
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-19-2011, 08:04 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Before you say washed up consider what he has done with a Offesive line that has never been on of the better in the NFL since romo has started:

In one of the more intriguing success stories in recent NFL history, Tony Romo ascended from the ranks of undrafted free agent - and three-year back-up quarterback - to a record setting, three-time Pro Bowl selection for the Dallas Cowboys. With 55 career regular season starts under his belt, Romo is well on his way to re-writing Cowboys passing records with his stellar and unique style of quarterback play. Elusive and instinctive in the pocket, he relies on a quick release, solid arm strength and excellent accuracy. His greatest asset may be his ability to see the field and find the open receiver - regardless of whether he is in a stationary position or eluding the pass rush. With a 38-17 regular season record as the Dallas starter, Romo led the Cowboys to 13 wins in 2007 - tying the franchise record for victories in a season. Along the way, he set single-season club marks for touchdown passes (36), completions (335), yardage (4,211) and 300-yard games (seven).

He also set a Dallas mark for consecutive games with a touchdown pass with 17 straight between 2006 and 2007. His 2008 season was not as productive as 2007 after suffering a broken finger in his throwing hand at Arizona (10/12). Despite missing three games with the injury, Romo still threw for 300-or-more yards six times - second only to his seven from 2007 - while throwing for 3,448 yards - his second consecutive 3,000-plus yard season - to become the first quarterback with back-to-back 3,000-yard seasons since Troy Aikman (1995-97). Romo's third full season as a starter eclipsed his previous two as he became the first quarterback in club history to be on the field for every snap of the season. The 2009 season saw Romo set club records for attempts (550), completions (347), passing yards (4,483) and 300-yard games (eight) while throwing a career-low nine interceptions - tied for the fourth-fewest in a season in club history among quarterbacks with at least 300 attempts. He helped guide Dallas to an 11-5 record, the club's 17th NFC East Division title and Dallas' first playoff win since 1996. The 2009 season also saw Romo top 1,500 career attempts to make him eligible for career passing records.

For his career, Romo has completed 1,178-of-1,857 (63.4%) for 15,045 yards and a passer rating of 95.6. He has thrown 107 career scoring passes against 55 interceptions. He ranks fourth in club history in completions and fifth in attempts, passing yards and touchdowns. Signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2003, he made his first career start at the Carolina Panthers on Oct. 29, 2006, and, by December of that year, he became Dallas' first Pro Bowl quarterback since Aikman in 1996. Romo rose to prominence during a stretch in which six of his first 11 starts were nationally televised. In his first 10 regular season starts, he led the Cowboys to six victories and a playoff berth. He also led the NFL with 8.6 yards-per-pass attempt in 2006.

His 95.1 quarterback rating as a first-time starter was the third-best in Cowboys history. He exceeded that mark with a 97.4 rating in 2007. After joining the Cowboys in 2003, Romo showed enough potential during training camp to become the third quarterback. He split time with Drew Henson as the backup quarterback in 2004 but became the primary backup quarterback behind Drew Bledsoe throughout 2005. He also was the holder for field goals and extra points from 2004 to 2006 and volunteered to hold again in 2009.

Only Steve Young (96.8) boasts a better career passer rating. But that record is clearly in jeopardy. With two or three more excellent outings, Romo will leap past Young and stand as the most efficient passer in the history of the game. Hard to believe, considering that Romo was an undrafted free agent in 2003 that nobody had heard of as recently as 2006.

Records and honors

2006 Pro Bowl
2007 Pro Bowl
2009 Pro Bowl

NFL all-time records
Career

#4 All-Time Career Passer Rating: 95.5
#4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1

Dallas Cowboys team records
Career

Games with 300+ yards passing: 25 (previously held by Troy Aikman with 13)

Season

Games with 300+ yards passing: 8 (2009)
Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
Passing yards: 4,483 (2009); only Cowboys' quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season (2007. 2009)
Completions: 347 (2009); previously held by Romo with 335

Game

On Nov 23, 2006, Romo threw 5 TD passes in a game, a record he shares with Troy Aikman.

Ok washed up and mentioned with the likes of hasselbeck and Palmer? The guy is only 31 and has already set some amazing records. If he had time to sit in the pocket, order a pizza and read the sunday funnies like tom brady and peyton manning, you can say romo is one of the elite and just as good if not better then brady or manning. Romo would destroy teams if he had a O-line half as good as the patriots.
In fact Romos current career QB rating(95.9) is better then peyton manning(94.9) and tom brady(95.8) and he is younger then both of those guys plus having to work with worse offensive lines. Sounds to me like manning and brady would be more washed up then romo ya?
+10000000

Romo is still WAY overated in my opinion, and always has been, but playing like he did the other day with busted ribs and even a collapsed lung is pretty damn impressive... not many QB's these days will do what he did last week to get a W... hell, look at all the babies cry and wine when they take a hit...Smile I am not a Romo fan at all, but I will give him kudos for what he did last Sunday...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin