Topps Confirms AFLAC Autographs in 2012 Bowman Baseball

Share:

Just before 2012 Bowman Baseball arrived in stores, Topps had one more order of business to announce as collectors are clamoring for info about what they might find. The company released the names of the Aflac All-American autographs that can be found in the packs this year along with the quantity of the cards signed.

2012 Bowman AFLAC Gerrit Cole Autograph

Eleven players made the list:

Sonny Gray — 200
Andrew Susac — 210
Jordan Swagerty — 210
Dillon Howard — 225
Gerrit Cole — 225
Stetson Allie — 230
Matt Purke — 230
Dillon Maples — 230
Austin Hedges — 240
Jose Fernandez — 240
Daniel Norris — 240

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

12 comments

1. @Jaypers413 7 May, 2012 at 12:18

It would have been nice if there had been at least one super shortprint (aka Jacob Turner), but as long as they’re serialized this time I have no problem with it.

2. Jason McCuddy 7 May, 2012 at 17:33

Jamie- I would take retail rack packs over hobby almost everytime. Some of my best pulls have been from those $5 jumbos, and the retail exclusive autos over the last two years have stacked up well against the HTA stuff. I buy both retail and hobby jumbos, and I almost always do bettter on the retail jumbos.

3. Jamie Case 7 May, 2012 at 21:46

If you were lucky like a few some stuff was out on Friday as some people were running one day auctions getting a jump on everyone.

4. Jim Jordan 8 May, 2012 at 12:24

Jamie- Didn’t say I bought it, just that I found it (saw it). I left the hobby for 7 years because as an owner of two card shops, I got sick and tired of retail showing up in advance of the hobby product. Sad to see that as I am getting back into cards, this type of stuff is still happening.

5. chrisolds 8 May, 2012 at 12:26

It may show up early, but there’s still no comparison between hobby and retail.

Frankly, I think retail needs to get better — or be the same as hobby packs — to seriously help the hobby out.

6. Jim Jordan 8 May, 2012 at 13:26

My issue, as a former dealer, was that many of my best customers just couldn’t stay loyal enough to wait til the hobby showed up. Many of them were “set makers” and you can do the base cards just as well from retail. It was frustrating to get the new product in and have them say, oh, I only need about a dozen cards to complete the set. Then they wouldn’t buy packs/boxes and would expect/ask me to bust my hobby to help them finish their base sets. Often a losing proposition more often than not, in small town Iowa. Just an observation…is all.