2013 Topps Archives Orange Day Glo Parallel Details

Share:

Topps Archives brings us back to simpler days of collecting cards using designs from our youth – and some since before many us were born.

Topps is continuing to ring up the nostalgia with in-store promos at local hobby shops. This week, collectors can get a five-card pack of Archives baseball in a cello wrapper for a quarter. Each pack comes with four base cards and one Orange Day Glo parallel.

Yep, just 25 cents. You probably have that in your cup holder in the car as you pass your LCS.

Most stores are limiting the amount of packs a customer can get to one or two for the week. I dropped by one of my favorite card shops The Baseball Card Store in Midland Park, N.J. and grabbed two packs (I had a second person with me) hoping to pull a card – the only card I wanted – for my PC.

While I didn’t get an Orange Derek Jeter parallel, I did wind up with two parallel cards that weren’t bad at all: Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera.

Next week’s promo, which starts June 17, is where collectors can redeem 1980s cards for a Topps Series 2 cello pack. I have no idea what is in the packs. So, if you have 80s cards lying around, you can redeem one card for one pack, but there is likely a limit to this as well.

Not every store has these packs. And some who have gotten them are either selling multiple packs or auctioning them on eBay. Coincidentally, this auction lists a complete set of Orange parallels that started on June 4, six days before the promo was scheduled to start. So, call your LCS to see if they have them in.

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

10 comments

1. Richard Gobis 12 June, 2013 at 08:32

The card shops cry about business is down,the Internet,card company’s and collectors losing interest so Topps comes up with this SUPER idea to help generate interest and to help the card shops and they have the brass to auction off the packs on Ebay…I’m not saying all card shops I’m positive there are some good…stop complaining card shops what your doing is wrong do the right thing with the packs maybe you will get some business…just venting!!!

2. chrisolds 12 June, 2013 at 10:05

Yep, Richard. That’s why, generally speaking, I don’t like these programs. They often get abused, leaving the customers with nothing.

3. Adam S 12 June, 2013 at 11:38

I thought I saw yellow too not just the orange. Could be mistaken though. Have a couple packs and the inserts look to be orange and yellow. I have yet to open and confirm. :-D

4. Patty 12 June, 2013 at 13:19

Went to pick up some of the vault redemptions and the 25 cent packs. Call me naïve….. I really thought it would cost the quarter but noooooooooo… I needed to purchase a topps product for each pack. Silly me….. and the vault cards should have been tossed in the trash long ago. That was shame on me!!!!!!

5. Forest Hill Sportscards 12 June, 2013 at 16:06

We are a sportscards and memorabilia store in Forest Hill, Maryland. We have the packs on our counter right next to the regular hobby packs for the $.25 promotional price with no requirements as to who can buy them. We are limited customers to 5 packs each so that more people have the opportunity to buy them. The biggest problem with these promotions is that they are abused by a large segment of the stores that get them. Topps is supposedly cracking down on those that do abuse it so please contact Topps and report anyone that you feel is not fulfilling their obligations regarding any of these promotions.

6. Ryan 12 June, 2013 at 16:21

My local guy has them for 5 bucks a pop, guy has always been a rip off. Stores like his are the reason I wish I could buy hobby products directly from Topps.

7. Patty O. 12 June, 2013 at 17:23

Forest Hill
    It is refreshing to hear that you only charged the quarter….. in my case it cost me $20.96 plus tax…..
    Thank goodness for integrity!!!!!!

8. Jay 12 June, 2013 at 18:50

My card shop charges $0.25 a pack and limit of 3 per customer, per day. He is always fair about the redemptions and encourages people to spread out the wealth and enjoyment of the hobby. So for anyone in the Wichita, KS area, check out Rock’s dugout (it is shown on google) and stay to talk with him. Joe Ruoco really helps new customers to the hobby, children and serious collectors. I love this promo and it really is upsetting watching other store owners give a bad taste to collectors.

9. Matthew 13 June, 2013 at 15:55

I went with my two kinds (5 & 7) to our local shop in Cranston RI and we each bought eight packs ($2 per person) to open. No gimmicks, no purchase requirements. Once I had confirmed that we could just buy the packs I wound up buying my son two new Topps packs and my daughter two packs of the old Upper Deck Looney Tunes baseball cards. A fun afternoon of ripping packs!