Panini reveals Fall Expo wrapper redemption plans
By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Hockey Editor
Panini America is continuing its popular wrapper redemption program at the 2012 Fall Expo.
Collectors can get base cards, short-prints and wild memorabilia cards.
Each wrapper redemption pack will contain two cards that can be from a variety of subsets. And the only way to get them is at the 2012 Sportscard & Memorabilia Expo, right outside of Toronto.
Cards in Panini’s Wrapper Redemption packs include rookies, memorabilia cards from the NHLPA Rookie Showcase, 1-of-1 sketch cards, instant-win cards for autographed memorabilia and more.
The different subsets in the wrapper redemption include:
– A 25-card NHL set with top names in the league, including 10 rookies numbered to 399
– 22-card set of Score Hot Rookies from all four major sports, numbered to 399
– An 18-card Rookie Materials set featuring jerseys and hats worn by rookies from basketball, football and hockey
– Tools of the Trade memorabilia cards of New York Rangers rookie Chris Kreider
– Scarce cards numbered to five or fewer
– NHL Player Sketch Cards numbered to 1-of-1
The Score Hot Rookies will feature the 1990 design and will highlight players from all four major sports, including some with Toronto ties.
Collectors can find rare autograph versions of these cards from players such as Yu Darvish, Mike Trout, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Chris Kreider.
You can get the redemption packs by purchasing a box of 2012-13 Score Hockey or 2012-13 Certified Hockey. Take the box to the Panini booth and open these wrappers in front of a Panini representative.
One Score box will yield collectors one redemption pack. One Certified box will get collectors six redemption packs.
Here’s the checklist for the Score Hot Rookies:
Hockey: Chris Kreider, Carter Ashton, Jussi Rynnas, Max Sauve, J.T. Brown, Sven Baertschi,
Football: Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, Russell Wilson, Doug Martin,
Baseball: Mike Trout, Brett Lawrie, Bryce Harper, Yu Darvish, Yoenis Cespedes, Drew Pomeranz
Basketball: Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, Tristan Thompson, Terrence Ross,