Panini addresses customer service concerns

Share:

By Chris Olds | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor

Panini America addressed collector concerns about its customer service department and the long-standing, industry-wide issue of redemption cards on Monday after a number of collectors had recently expressed frustration with an inability to get in touch with representatives for the company.

According to a company statement, Panini is restructuring the department to expedite deliveries as well as follow through on replacement scenarios in a more timely fashion when needed.

The full statement can be found after the jump.

“We have taken on a restructuring of the CS division for a number of reasons …  some of which include CS and former employees saying they will send something out to collectors and then not following through. Another factor was the failure to respond to collectors in an efficient fashion. … As soon as it was determined that the division needed some changes, we wanted to immediately communicate it on the phones with an automated message — this was the very first and the quickest/most immediate step we could take at this time to ensure we were making customers aware. There will be more to come on that front. And yes, please be patient during this process.

We want collectors to recognize that we do pay attention and listen to what you have to say. Consider collectors dissatisfaction with customer service as one of the key drivers to restructuring the CS division.

Panini’s perspective so we are all clear and you hear it directly from us:

CUSTOMER SERVICE
It’s not acceptable for anyone at Panini to not be responsive to our consumers. We recognize that because we are not in the business of trying to [anger] collectors.  Believe it or not we do listen and care about what collectors have to say. That goes for incorporating elements into our products, refining what we do — all the way to customer service. Every component is touched with interaction/feedback from customers. It’s fair to say you see this on the blog as just one example in how we communicate and interact with collectors.

As for Customer Service, we recognize it’s a process and we at Panini are committed to fixing it. We wish it could happen overnight, unfortunately we recognize it can’t — although we are doing our best to expedite the process and do what we can right now as we undergo this restructuring. We would ask all of you to be patient, but recognize that you have already been patient and it is on us to fix the situation. In the coming weeks we will hire a new Customer Service Manager that will help lead this group in a meaningful way.

REDEMPTIONS
This is a multi-faceted issue, some of which we can’t always control. However, it’s our responsibility to do everything we possibly can to control redemptions and ensure that they are processed in a timely fashion. Be assured that we are working on this on a number of levels with players, agents, player associations and Panini resources (internal and external). Hopefully, many of you have seen that we have processed a ton of redemptions over the last few weeks and more of that will continue on a weekly basis, as redemptions come in and are processed.

We try to communicate redemption fulfillment the best we can, often times a personal email response which would be ideal does not always work. So we rely on other platforms to communicate this such as our blog with periodic redemption updates — it’s important to note that when we do post it on the blog it does not always include everything that has been or is being processed. Here is a recent example from last week: Panini America Redemption Card Update: The Valentine’s Day 2012 Edition

Again, we are working through these as best we can and as fast as we can and doing all within our power (even more than that) to get redemptions fulfilled. So be patient but know that we are continuing to resolve this. There will be more to come over the next several weeks and months during this restructuring of customer service and we look forward to sharing those changes and developments with collectors.”

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

60 comments

1. Mark 20 February, 2012 at 21:16

It’s about freaking time. I have so many unfilled redemptions. They don’t answer e-mails, and calling them was a big old waste of time. People can complain about Upper Deck all they want, but Panini is the worst with redemptions and customer service.

2. Chris Wardner 20 February, 2012 at 23:48

Talk is cheap…how about getting me my redemptions from 2009 Plates and Patches…which is almost a 2 year old product? Maybe sending me a couple of super sweet cards that are clearly better than what I am owed???

3. Daniel Steinmann 21 February, 2012 at 01:10

Panini’s Customer Service is the worst ever, they tell you one thing then do another, they have even sent me a $50 auto/patch in nothing but a penny sleeve, they never respond to messages left on their voice mail or on the their actual websites, they are poorly managed. Now last time I called I was told they won’t even look to see if a redemption is in for at least 6 months, really then why do you have a 4 month option. I just call to see if they got any of my redemption’s in, I have never received a card from them without calling to see if they have it, not impressed at all.

4. Tom Santoli 21 February, 2012 at 04:50

What a joke. All we keep hearing about is how panini and upper deck are addressing this long known problem with redemptions. Both have fired their customer service management, and have admitted to complete failure with the redemption process. Most collectors wait over a year for some redemptions and many have no chance or intention of ever being fulfilled. The whole redemption idea is like a built in financing plan on the backs of the collectors. If companies were forced to timely produce the redemption cards or a pre-stated value for the cards it would change what these companies have been doing to collectors. They don’t have the intent or ability to give us what they have promised. I wish someone would create a card collector advocacy that would collect monies from collectors to use towards representation of card collectors against this mistreatment. I for one would give my share to put these guys in a position to either be reasonable with their performance on promises or face financial consequences in court. With a represented advocacy at least these companies would have to answer to these abuses. I am at a point that I would rather check on the status of my lawsuit then on the status of my redemption fulfillment.

5. charles faires 21 February, 2012 at 08:39

they shoukd call it the BS davision instead of the CS davision, 2 years for an auto that i’ve seen on resent cards last commo. was August of last year, i get so tiered of long explination of the same problem year after year, only to wait. easy fix stop trying to beat the others, every year it seems that to get ahead the products are earlier and this causes more redmptions, or to many back to back products, some of these players must have to sign 3 or 4 thousand cards maybe more, stop the maddness, i through that limiting card companys liecensing mite help but it did not, maybe they are over there head, it mite be lack of care, maybe both. but it needs to stop, each year more and more redemption are inserted not less, as claimed. i’ve seen 3 redemption in 1 box panini was so eager, but they are falling into the same mode as many companys have in the past, “Just Saying”

6. Ken Anderson 21 February, 2012 at 12:39

Well, at least management is finally acknowledging there’s been a long-term problem. Hopefully Panini is sincere re resolving their many issues, but “they” have been singing the same tune for years! Time will tell, I guess, but until I start getting responses to my redemption emails requesting updates, substitutions, etc and have a couple of my answering machine calls returned, I’ll remain skeptical….. By the way, Boss, is there some reason an athlete’s autograph/card
    contract cannot be voided if he/she fails to provide items within specified timeframes?

7. XstreamINsanity 21 February, 2012 at 12:57

I hope a good portion of the NHL redemptions were recently resolved as the All-Star game had many players there and I’m sure a few of them had some redemptions. The same should go after this weekend. With the NBA All-Star game in Orlando this weekend, Panini should be grabbing, as we speak, all of the cards of any player set to be at the All-Star weekend and be there no later than Thursday. I don’t know how to check, but I’m curious if there are any Blake Griffin redemptions currently waiting to be fulfilled since they show videos of him there often. I know I’ve seen redemptions for Kobe’s, yet he’s supposedly and exclusive signer. I really do hope that they address this issue in a prompt and attainable manner, but like most have said, until it’s done, it’s hard to believe.

8. Anthony 21 February, 2012 at 14:46

I bought a pair of Kobe autographed shoes from Panini Authentic and they sent it in a box for a similar pair of shoes, but the wrong style/color. I thought that was pretty careless. I sent them an email and I got zilch in response. I tried to post a review on their site, and of course it wasn’t approved. They are awful!

9. Garrett 21 February, 2012 at 22:56

Classic Chris Olds !!!! “You didn’t read the item”,,,,, No Chris you are ultimately paid by the card companies and therefore seem to always take their side. No card companies, No Beckett, No JOB !!!! One time I/ WE would like you to take our side….. The whole idea of redemptions is like me offering property on the moon or the deed to the London Bridge. If you don’t have it don’t offer it. If the players are not following through then quit putting them in the products. I for one have had it with Panini. I opened a case of Plates and Patches and got a redemption in every pack. There is something inherently wrong there !!!

10. Garrett 21 February, 2012 at 22:59

Oh Yeah, Based on the responces it would seem abundently apparent that folks are sick and tired of pathetic customer (non) support. I truely hope Panini is sincere and Upper Deck and Topps follow suite.

11. Christopher Joy 22 February, 2012 at 01:21

whats worse for me is when I did manage to get a response from Panini they said they would send the card but that was quite a while ago and I still haven’t seen the card.Chris olds what a joke my favorite times with him are when he’s behind the camera, when he doesn’t talk. of course we read the article, its just hard to believe someone who has disappointed you so many times. action speaks louder than words.

12. Scott 22 February, 2012 at 07:40

I think people would take their statement more seriously if we hadn’t heard this before. Panini was restructuring their Customer Service Department in May 2011. Also, if they are so serious about it, you would think that they would trumpet it on their blog, which they have not.

13. Jeff Kruer 22 February, 2012 at 14:41

Well, I’ve actually had better luck with Panini regarding redemptions than with either Upper Deck or Topps. Upperdeck was such a terrible experience, I no longer buy any UpperDeck product. Topps at one time was actually pretty good. There were times they sent extra cards due to long delays. Now it seems almost every redemption takes months to get, and they don’t seem to care. The whole laundry list of excuses why they have redemptions are pretty weak.

14. Don Davis 23 February, 2012 at 09:13

Chris
    You know you will be a Panini supprorter, they are a freaking sponsor for your magizine. All I know screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

15. chrisolds 23 February, 2012 at 10:09

Don: Our magazines are not “sponsored” by Panini. Advertisers, such as Panini, buy ad space for their ads.

16. Joe 23 February, 2012 at 18:23

chrisolds

Chris not to bash but that is what SPONSORED Means. Have you ever heard the old line on tv shows going to a commercial “and now a word from our SPONSOR”

17. chrisolds 23 February, 2012 at 18:29

Joe: Not accurate at all. Television shows are not print media. Advertising is not sponsorship — there is a major difference.

Advertisers have no influence upon the editorial direction, content or, most importantly, my view on an issue such as this. In fact if “sponsorship” was a concern, this story would not have existed at all.

18. RJ 26 February, 2012 at 16:39

I don’t even bother… When I get a redemption, I put it in the website, and if I get it, it’s like winning a very small lottery with very very low odds. To be fair, it’s not just Panini, but since my wife and I collect a lot of hockey, we can only speak for them, (as we eschewed Upper Deck for the same problems).

When opening a box at the local shop, I watched a kid get a redemption card, and placed it in his “decoy” pile. He must have been 8 maybe 9. His dad explained to him what it was, and told him he would get the card. The kid’s response was reminiscent of so many comments here. “Whatever, dad!”

If the card companies don’t try to change that “Whatever, dad” mentality that so many collectors get, our hobby will die. I don’t think they get that. We can hope I guess… ITG though, has great turnaround.

19. George 29 February, 2012 at 13:56

Customer Service was great with returning calls, fulfilling available redemptions, replacing damaged cards etc……. up until February 2011 when these drastic changes were supposedly made to the department to make things run better which will be difficult for the company to return to. They should bring Natalie Rose back to whip things back into shape. Just saying………..they shouldn’t try to fix what wasn’t broken to begin with.

20. Steve 17 March, 2012 at 15:37

I put in a Kobe Bryant auto/jersey redemption card on December 10, 2010. I have e-mail Panini over five time about replaceing the card and all I get is false promises? What does a person have to do? The card is worth good money and I bought it to re-sale and make money. What a joke this comany is!!!

21. ernest lantto 4 June, 2012 at 12:23

customer service has gotten wosre since they fired evryone and replaced them. i guess now they don’t need customers as they feel they don’t need to respond to them. send enough emails to their company president you might get a response. i used to have a real good repore with them and since they hired their new customer service manager ( DAVID SHARP ) now i get no response from them period.
    BAD BUSINESS PANINI.

22. John Tindall 29 June, 2012 at 11:29

I have five Panini redemptions outstanding and two are a YEAR OLD! No replies to inquiries, nothing. I bought my last box of Panini.

23. travis senske 18 July, 2012 at 14:49

ive been waitin on an omer asik rookies and stars team patch platinum auto /1 omer signed this set 2x and still couldnt get the /1 sighed according to panini. but i feel that it was sent out as a replacement to someone else and i was never to get this card and as a replacement i as sposed to receive a monta ellis trophy case sig prime patch 1/1 now was this card never inserted into packs or is the redemption for this one just going to be void to the person that redeems it and theyll have to go through the same thing i did to get their card? either way its bait and switch and thats not ok in my book or the laws how do we get this fixed?this product is still live and just came out a couple months ago so how is this possible?

24. travis senske 18 July, 2012 at 15:02

now to get this to stop we all know what we need to do, ive done it already, but it takes us all, stop buyin panini products. period. and the problem gets addressed either panini fixes problems and rest of industry follows or panini doesnt fix it, goes back to italy to make stickers, and the rest of the industry fixes it due to panini goin bankrupt take your pick but it involves puttin down the crack and not buyin product it really sucks for me cuz i collect basketball and the only year that i can buy that doesnt cost an arm and a leg is 06-07 and you know how bad that year is

25. travis senske 18 July, 2012 at 15:14

and if someone gets a redemption for 2011-12 limited trophy case signatures prime #17 1/1 let me know id like to see how they were gonna get outta that one hehe

26. Steven Baker 2 September, 2012 at 10:59

Hoping David Sharp is legit. I got several redemptions and no response to request. Ask for replacements after the 4 months and service to me have been seriously poor. Starting to not like Panini period due to lack of service.

27. grnlntrn88 21 April, 2013 at 06:31

I cannot get Panini to post these submissions on their official blog website, they keep ignoring me and probably think I am trying to stir up trouble. I’m just looking to see these ideas in print, get feedback from other collectors, and I am especially curious if other companies handle their redemptions with as much blatant disregard for the collectors. Thanks.

grnlntrn88 PERMALINK
    April 16, 2013 4:51 pm
    Please Note: Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Tracy, I had some questions about the redemption process that I am hoping you can answer.

First off, is there currently a backlog of cards that have already been returned by athletes that have not yet been sent out to customers ? Also, is is safe to assume that once a product has hit the shelves, that all of the cards have been sent out to the athletes for signatures ?

I highly agree with the post by Sergio D. –

there should be some incentive on the players end to return cards back to Panini in a timely manner. i.e. a contract bonus that activates if the cards are received within 2-3 months from the date they were received by the player, or a penalty for overdue product. Can you tell us if something like that is already in place ?

Finally, is there some type of program in place that takes care of your customers who have been waiting (in some cases) several years for their signed cards ? Such as a “Redemption Card Customer Appreciation Program”, in which a customer would receive a bonus signed card by the same athlete once their submitted redemption became a year old, and a subsequent bonus card for every additional year they had to wait. A program like that also should not force a customer to select a replacement after a 4-8 month timeframe. That should be a courtesy, with the customer allowed to decline and continue to wait for the promised card, and still receive bonus cards as a gesture of goodwill from Panini.

Does Panini have a program like this in place, or has the company considered it ? It seems that a greater incentive on both sides would offer the most benefit to collectors….

I would also be curious to see if something like this would be of interest to other customers in this forum.
    Thanks for your time.

grnlntrn88 PERMALINK
    April 17, 2013 5:02 pm
    Please Note: Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I’m curious as to why my post suggesting player contract incentives for returning cards in a reasonable amount of time, and a program rewarding customers for their patience by issuing bonus cards signed by the same athlete once a redemption request became a year old was not approved ? Did that post violate site policy in some way ?

Some info for problems with Panini America:

Customer Service Manager: dsharp@paniniamerica.net
    Customer Service Dept: hobby@paniniamerica.net

Panini America, Inc.
    5325 FAA Blvd.
    Suite 100
    Irving, TX 75061

(800) 852-8833
    (817) 662-5300

Customer Support (817) 662-5203

Their Twitter account and their blog website seem to be at their discretion what to ignore/post… PM’s will also largely be ignored.

Finally, here is a link everyone might want to consider:

Looks like they already have plenty of complaints…

28. Gbulldogs1010 26 August, 2013 at 11:15

Panini america just screwed me over today. Here are the replacements

Received:
    04/07/2013 9:46 AM
    by: Panini2012 Panini Crown Royale
    Rookie Silhouette
    Redemption: JJ7ICFINCI8Card#261 ( / 349)
    DeVier Posey

CB
    View Shipping?

Received:
    03/30/2013 4:29 PM
    by: Panini2012 Playoff Contenders
    Rookie Ticket RPS Variations
    Redemption: 81nk17dj4h6Card#233 ( / )
    DeVier Posey
    Houston Texans
    Houston Texans
    WR

Replaced:
    08/23/2013 3:06 PM
    by: Panini2012 Panini Prime Signatures
    Rookies Prime SignaturesCard#206 (112 / 199)
    Green Bay Packers
    Marc Tyler
    Green Bay Packers
    TE
    View Shipping?
    Received:
    03/27/2013 6:43 PM
    by: Panini2012 Playoff Contenders
    Rookie Ticket RPS Variations
    Redemption: jdg44dkfkb4Card#233 ( / )
    DeVier Posey
    Houston Texans
    Houston Texans
    WR

Replaced:
    08/23/2013 3:07 PM
    by: Panini2012 Panini Gridiron
    RookiesCard#203 ( / )
    Andre Branch
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    DE

Look how badly they screwed me over

29. Joakim Svensson 15 July, 2015 at 20:00

This is going on for me right now. Its so crazy. They are not better year 2015 either.

This is Paninis so called Customer Service.

FEBRUARY 4TH

ME : Hi ! Id like to get replacements for 716945 , 717104 , 727993. I like big 13-14 rookies or great hockey players. :-)

PANINI : Per your request a random replacement card, of equal current Beckett value, will be sent for your request(s) that have been pending for over the minimum 4 month requirement. Replacements are fulfilled on a first-come first-serve basis so please allow at minimum 6-8 weeks for your cards to be chosen. Once a replacement card is selected and scanned out of our system you will receive a confirmation email containing any shipping/tracking information that may be associated with the package. Thank you for your patience and have a great day!

MARCH 29th

ME : Hi ! I just wanted to make an update for my replacement request nr 780339. I want to replace these cards. 727993, 717104, 716945, 712411, 675872, 668467. My favourite players are Mackinnon, Forsberg, Crosby or nice rookie cards or star players. Thank you !

PANINI : We appreciate your patience while your card sits in queue to be replaced. I apologize for the delay with your replacement. Replacements are fulfilled as they are received and as of late we have been inundated with requests. You will receive a confirmation email as soon as the card has been scanned out of our system. Thank you again for your patience and have a great day!

MAY 24th

ME : Hi ! Does it it have to take this long to get my replacements ? I ask for replacements back in february and updated my request end of march ( request 801109 ). Its almost been 4 months now. You said back in february it should take about 6-8 weeks :-(

PANINI : Hello Joakim, regarding your replacements if you spoke to someone you are in line to be assisted. We are currently working thru very many replacements so please allow us some more time to fulfill your request, thanks!

JUNE 16th

ME : I ask for replacements back in february and updated my request end of march ( request 801109 ). I have asked 2 times now when my I will get my replacements and you said I should wait a little longer. Soon its been 4-5 months waiting for them. I wish I could talk to someone over phone but I live in Sweden so that would be too expenisive. Im getting very dissapointed, because I always liked Panini. When can I expect my cards ?

PANINI : Hello Joakim, please create a ticket with the request #(s) you would like replaced along with a favorite team, thanks!

JUNE 17th
    ME : I want to replace my redemptions Nr 727993, 717104, 716945, 712411, 675872, 668467. I dont have any favourite team but I collect hall of fame players, 13-14 rookies and big players like crosby etc. I made request already in march but you wanted me to create a new ticket. Am I supposed to wait 6-8 weeks again now ?

PANINI : Hello Joakim, as stated before if you have been in contact with a representative your cards will replaced soon. Please give us some more time to honor the request and we appreciate your patience, thanks!

JUNE 26th

ME: Any idea when my replacement request will be fulfilled ? Been waiting since February. Ive seen other people get their replacements A lot quicker.
    Unsatisfied customer

PANINI : What we would do, if you elect to receive a replacement card, is look up the current Beckett value of the card you are owed. Once the value has been determined we will pull another card of equal or greater value and replace the redemption(s) in your account. Now, that replacement would be random in that we cannot provide a list of options to choose from. However, we are able to look for any favorite teams or players if you would like to list a couple. We are unable to combine values of cards for replacements. Instead they will be fulfilled on a one-for-one basis.
    Once a replacement has been chosen, the ticket will be modified and the replacement shipped out. As soon as the replacement has been scanned out of our system you will receive a confirmation email letting you know which ticket has been changed and also any tracking/shipping info that may be on the package. Hope this helps explain the process. You can request any replacements by creating a general information ticket and referencing the request numbers (ex: 123456) for each card or by calling 800-852-8833 and letting a representative know the ticket number you would like to be replaced. Have a great day!!

ME: I know the process ! I gave you my request 2 times with a list of players i like. I asked when you start a process to ship my cards ??? This is getting crazy. Waiting 6 months !!! Im soon going to tell all my Hockey Card groups on Facebook im in.
    UNSATISFIED COSTUMER !!!!!

PANINI: Hello Joakim, please provide us with the request # you are referring to along with a few favorite teams. Once you have provided us with this information we will replace your cards, thanks!

ME: Refering to my last general question. Here are my request for replacements for the 3rd time. 727993 717104 716945 712411 675872 668467 I like Hot Rookies, Mackinnon,Galchenyuk,Tarasenko etc OR Big players like Crosby, Lemieux, Howe etc. Now please tell me you send them in a couple of days.
    UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER

PANIN: Hello Joakim you have now been placed in the cue to be replaced, thank you again for your patience!

JULY 17th

ME: Refering to my last General Info request 826753 You said my cards were in cue to be replaced. 2 weeks and still nothing. Waiting over 6 months now. This is just crazy !

PANINI: Hello Joakim, please provide us with the request #’s you would like replaced. Pleas also provide us with a few favorite teams we can send them from, thank you.

ME: Refering to my last General Info request. I HAVE SEND YOU MY REQUESTS LIKE 3 TIMES ALREADY !!!! SEND MY CARDS !!!

PANINI: Hello Joakim, per your request we will send random replacements of equal value, thank you.

ME: Refering to my last general info request. When are you going to send them ? Im not waiting another more week. And I never said random replacements for my cards. If you actually would read all my general info questions you understand why Im not happy.

PANINI: Joakim, as stated before please provide us with a few favorite teams and we will be more than happy to send replacements, thank you.

ME: Refering to my last genreal info request. I dont have favourite teams but I like 13-14 rookies like Mackinnon Galchenyuk Gallagher etc. And/or Big star players like Crosby Patrick Roy Bobby Orr Lemieux stamkos etc. Are you going to send the cards out today ?

PANINI: Hello Joakim, regarding the Tarasenko cards that you have open in your account. We have reason to believe he will be signing a lot of his redemption autographs soon. He has signed some Contenders and PRIME for us. If you would like to hold out a little while longer you can.

ME: Refering to my last general info. You want me to wait another year ? Haha I want replacements now. Maybe you would send me a Tarasenko card as a sorry for the 6 months waiting but I guess not. Hope I have mail from you any day now !!! Will never buy a single Panini card/product anymore.

PANINI: If you can provide us with a couple of favorite teams this replacement process will be able to move forward. Once you provide us with that information we will happily close out your open tickets. Thanks!

ME: Refering to my last general question.
    I TOLD YOU THAT 30 MINUTES AGO !!

PANINI: Hello Joakim, if any of the cards you have are over $100.00 in value we can be player specific and take those players you provided us with into consideration. If they are below that we do require you provide some favorite teams or we will send a replacement of equal value at a random pull. Please tell us how you would wish to proceed. Also, we are not suggesting you wait a year we are just simply informing you that Tarasenko has been signing some of his redemptions, thank you.

ME: Refering to general info nr 831140. Send random cards under 100$ bv and over 100$bv of those players I requested. I dont want to wait for tarasenko to sign. When can I expect my cards then ?

PANINI: Please allow us until the end of the week to send your replacements out as we are working on very many, thank you.

ME: Refering to my last general info.
    Im not waiting another single day. Been waiting over 6 months to get replacements when you say it should take 6-8 weeks. I want an email saying my cards are replaced today.

NOW THEY ARE NOT RESPONDING ANYMORE. THIS IS THE LAST MESSAGE I SENT THEM

ME: I guess im not getting an email today that my cards have been replaced ? Im going to post the whole conversation I had with you since February on my Facebook. This is the worst customer service I ever had. Paying a lot of money for cards I never get. Glad you lost your license for hockeycards.

30. stranger49 28 September, 2015 at 19:43

This was announced quite some time ago. Unfortunately, it’s not true, at least not in my personal experience. I’ve now been waiting for 15 months for redemptions. Customer Service does not respond. They just continue to close cases without so much as a word to the customer. It’s just ridiculous. There are quite a few BBB complaints as well for this issue. Panini has continued to prove they only care about Panini’s bottom line. They really don’t care about the collectors at all. I think we need to face the facts!!! And the worst thing about it? No one will do a darn thing about it. Not the sports stars, not Panini, not the NFL or NBA, no one. No one cares about the collectors!

31. josh hopkins 1 March, 2016 at 12:36

That conversation above is craziness…….what is going to be done about panini..ive watch amari cooper sign everything but my platinum tag auto for 15 immaculate 1/1 wtf????nd now the scouting combine is in progress for 2016 …

32. Bart Ellsworth 5 April, 2016 at 19:39

I found this thread after I googled “how is the best way to get panini america to respond to customer complaints” and had to laugh at this. Well over 4 years later, they are worse than ever. I have a case pending with them at the BBB (concerning redemptions over a year old- they have an F rating BTW) and surprise, they never responded. I am absolutely sickened by their blatant disregard for their customers. They have had ample time to fix this but obviously they have put little or no effort into this.
    The only way we have left to fight is with our wallets. I have not purchased a single pack of their cards since they started ignoring my attempts to contact them on this matter and have no intention on spending another dime on their products until my redemption issue is addressed.
    I’m sure they are banking on people saying “oh well, whatcha gonna do? they’re the only ones making football cards now” but thats not going to work with me. I hope enough people are fed up with them to adversely affect their bottom line. Anyone else with me?

33. JG 17 June, 2016 at 10:36

I personally have filed complaints with both the BBB and the Attorney General’s office of Texas and nothing has happened. I think aside from no longer buying their product a class action suit against the company might be the only answer. Of course, financially these types of suits only benefit the lawyers, but at least it would put a dent both financially as well as metaphorically in the Panini corporate monkey that it is. Sort of surprised companies like Beckett, the NBA, etc. don’t speak out against this as well. Considering both companies are tethered to Panini in some way… Ho-hum… I (obviously) digress

34. Greg J 14 August, 2017 at 14:36

Josh H., not only has Amari Cooper not signed that card, he hasn’t signed a single card from 2015 Immaculate. And it’s not just him. Panini has not filled a single redemption from that product for Tevin Coleman, Devante Parker, Jeremy Langford, Karlos Williams, Phillip Dorsett and a couple of other rookies. $400/box and almost every single one had a redemption, and nearly two years later, none have been filled. Panini hasn’t filled a single new player redemption from that product in over a year. I don’t believe they ever made the cards. Nothing else makes sense. Otherwise, how are all of these guys signing other products over and over again, and not Immaculate? It’s a joke. Like everyone else, I’ve spent hours trying to contact anyone with a heart beat through their phone system, I’ve left voicemails, sent emails, and nothing…I am an attorney, and I honestly have no idea how they get away with this. They are basically putting “IOU’s” in the packages, and stealing people’s money.

35. Kosta K 23 September, 2017 at 20:15

I have a big problem with panini. There was an employee that worked there who was helping me with my redemption replacement cards. I had contacted him on multiple occasions for assistance. On one occasion I asked the employee if they had any other types of replacement programs as I had vented that I spend a lot of money on panini products and have thousands of cards that are garbage autos. I was told that they would replace other cards and was told to send some in. I sent the cards in which I had paid for not only did they never replace the cards for me but I had a supervisor who contacted me (joe white) and accused me of trying to scam panini. I had told him what the employee had said to me and he told me that was false. I said no problem can you please send me my cards back that I sent you, he told me he would send them back. I believe that was over 6 months ago. I have contact that employee on multiple time to receive my cards back and never heard a response back from him. I have all my emails from the employee and conversation from me white and I would like answers from panini as to my this is how they treat customers. I’m not going to take this lying down and will continue to press panini for answers. If someone from panini can please contact me and let me know what’s happening there.

• Ryan Cracknell 25 September, 2017 at 09:31

@Kosta — That’s an unfortunate situation. It’s unlikely Panini customer service is going to see this though. Your best bet is to try and contact the company be phone.

36. Zack Gauthier 24 October, 2017 at 09:28

I have 3 Panini redemption’s over 3 years old. I have tried numerous times to reach their customer service to be either hung up on hold for half hour with no service. I have tried to voice my opinion through emails and twitter and they refused to respond back. So needless to say Panini can stick it, I will never ever buy their product and hopefully others will see this and take warning also. The worst company for customer service.

37. Kosta 8 January, 2018 at 18:05

What’s even worse is now panini has blocked me after my post and it won’t send my redemption cards to me. I don’t know how this company is allowed to deal with customers like this. I’ve seen a bunch of my redemptions sent out to other customers and they won’t send me mine. I’m contemplating legal action against them to bring awareness against this company. All I want is my redemptions that I purchased and they wont send them. What can I do?

• Ryan Cracknell 8 January, 2018 at 19:53

@Kosta — Have you called them and spoken with a person? It’s the best way to communicate when there are issues.

38. Kosta 8 January, 2018 at 22:11

I’ve left message an no one responds I’ve spoken to one person and she keeps sending me to answering machines. Who can I contact for help? I’ve sent emails and they once responded to me in August. I gave them one of my redemption tickets numbers and they never wrote me again. I’m going to go to the bbb next and if no one helps me after that then I’m going to seek legal advice. If you can help me with getting my redemptions I would greatly appreciate it.

39. Orock 3 October, 2018 at 21:17

This bubble will burst in their faces at some point. It is really a legal issue more than anything at this point. From what I understand they are offering customers half the value of the redemption card worth with Panini points. It is cheating at its finest and a breach of trust and contact. Since when does the customer pay in full and only get half back. Are they hoping everyone with redemptions are going to go this route?

40. Escalante 7 February, 2019 at 08:38

i have about 60 redemption cards beware. They do not honor redemptions. Instead, they claim it is not their fault. They claim they have to wait for the star to sign the autographs. Yet, as they continue to make these claims month after month, new cards are released in different forms, many of which, are autographed by that same star in question. Where Basketball is concerned, there are about a dozen different styles released throughout the season. In each of these releases, the stars autograph cards.

41. Jason Smith 29 March, 2019 at 11:04

Thankfully I only have one outstanding redemption with Panini, but I assume I will never get it. For a week I have been sending emails and calling them. Their automated system for CS never gets an answer or a call back. I tried the sales line, and pressing any number from their list of options just brings me back to the main menu. The website does not recognize my email address when I try to log in or to recover a password. I created a new account just to be able to email them… the redeem, open ticket, and check on a ticket buttons lead to a page that says PaniniCS has terminated the connection. If I didn’t find this article I wouldn’t even know that they are supposedly fixing the problems. Seems that the first thing they would do if they were sincerely working on these problems is instead of just “terminating the connection” and having main menu loops when calling, is to instead have the web page buttons link to a page explaining what is going on and that they will be functional again within some sort of time frame… and on the phone have a message saying they are not answering calls because of CS restructuring to please leave a message and they will get back to you within a certain time frame. Such a shame, because I like their products, but cannot trust that I’ll get my cards if I get a redemption so will not spend money on them anymore. Just wish they’d have the courtesy to return an email or call or give info on the situation on the website. Great way to turn people off from the hobby. Imagine paying almost 500 dollars for an 8 card box of National Treasures, and then never getting the one card that might be worth something in the box because it’s a redemption. Thinking maybe I’ll just stick to collecting slabbed cards.

42. Tony 16 July, 2019 at 13:08

Nice to see that nothing has changed in the 7 years since this article was released. I submitted a 1/1 Black Prizm Refractor card in January 2019. In March, they returned to me the Silver parallel in replacement. For those that know, the Silver parallel is worth no more than the top loader it came in while the 1/1 fetches big $ on the resale market. I called, and amazingly actually reached someone who reopened the ticket. That was March. It’s July, and since then I’ve sent emails, voicemails, Twitter messages, and updated the PaniniAmerica website at least 5 times. I have not received a single response. Heck, I haven’t even been able to speak to a person via the phone in the last 3 months. If they tell me it will take 12 months I’d be ok, but being blatantly ignored is just terrible business.

43. Marc 3 August, 2019 at 13:55

I have a brick and mortar store in South Jersey. In June I put in four redemptions for customers and saw that they were updated in the system. Now, when I log in, those have all disappeared. I have written to customer service several times..no response. Please note, the article above is from the 2012…yes…2012!!! timeframe. Nothing changes there.

I have at least a dozen past redemptions that were never fulfilled.

44. Truth 25 September, 2019 at 11:01

Panini customer service STINKS! I sent them a Luka auto with a corner ding and they mailed it back citing ‘minimal damage’.

45. Mark 4 October, 2019 at 15:39

It is really sad that a company can operate this way. This article was published in 2012. The current year, 2019. Same issues. I just finished emailing PANINI about another redemption card that is well beyond the 6-8 weeks. Now moving past 8 months. One time, okay I get it. Things happen. But I have literally called or emailed on every single redemption card I’ve pulled.

I’m sorry, but it is FALSE ADVERTISING to state that a hobby box has 1-2 auto/memorabilia cards in it and then you receive one of these redemption cards in place. I don’t buy anything else as a consumer where I am promised something and then wait an eternity for a “voucher.”

The whole time I have collected as a hobby, I have felt it to be a money pit and this is just finally hitting the nail on the head that it may be time to stop collecting. Especially if every other freaking hobby box I buy I get one of these stupid redemption cards.

IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE AUTO’S OR THE MEMORABILIA AT THE TIME OF PRODUCTION, DON’T OFFER IT!! You are cheating people out of money and promising something you cannot follow through on. Oh, and I haven’t even touched on “comparable” replacements. Give me a break. If they keep this up, I sense a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

46. kingston cash 14 November, 2019 at 02:12

I sent in a redemption to Topps for a 2019 Topps Chrome serial number rookie auto refractor. I was expecting the worst. I received the redemption card from Topps perfectly packaged in excellent condition like 2-4 days later. I could not believe how fast I got the card from Topps. I just sent in a redemption to Panini and I am truly dreading it after hearing all the Panini redemption horror stories. Hopefully, Panini doesn’t mess up my redemption. If Panini messes up my redemption I will never buy from them again, and just stick to Topps.

It’s really sad how few options we have. I like collecting football and basketball in addition to baseball. Something needs to be done by the NFL, NBA, etc. to allow more sustainable competition into these markets. Panini could literally single handling devastate the hobby if they continue down the path they’re headed. It’s bad enough that the grading companies are also doing their share to scare away collectors. I have a feeling we’re headed for dark times worse than the junk wax era crash. Hopefully these companies right this ship before it’s too late.

47. Luke 5 December, 2019 at 21:30

Hi, I want to file a grievance against Panini hockey card redemtpions, this is ridiculous, they should post it in Rob Dyrdeks MTV Show Ridiculousness nfs !!! So, i waited for the 2013-14 National Treasures Sidney Crosby FROZEN TREASURES AUTO PATCH # /5 … i bought a box of it about 4 years ago, and pulled the Sideny Crosby redemption /5 and redeemed it 4 years ago… i emailed them about 4 times since, no answer… finally today December 2019, they answered me and said the card was expired 18months after 2013-14 !!!! And they tried to give me 7,000 Panini points for it !!!! Listen National Treasures only came out 1 year for hockey 2013-14 , which is an expensive product and to pull a Sidney Crosby Frozen Patch Auto /5 is insanely rare !!! I have the Mario Lemieux version /5 and im a huge Penguins fan, you bet all the money I spent and all the redemption that failed to come in, I will fight for this one !!! Panini doesnt give you equal value trade ins either, they give you points. I have 2 absurd questions, why make a product and have an expiration date to redeem a card in 18months or its invalid, on a card thats serial # /5 LOL ? Makes nooo sense sounds like a scheme… this card would take years to pull, so why keep selling your product, if the “high end, mojo case hits” that everyone is hunting for, arent even in existence nor would be because they expire in 18 months LMAO !!! This is an extremely rare card, that I would even pay $1500 for !!! You want to offer me 7,000 point which can get me a Dikembo Mutombo autograohrd basketball for 7,000, thats the best prize LOL !!! I feeel so ripped off and i will put up a fight for this card, I repost this for the next few years, because this is just absurd, this isnt the first or second time I have been screwed for a beautiful rare card, either because its expired or for an exchange of a card of equal value.. im sick and tired of this !!!!

48. avery curry 26 May, 2020 at 16:17

Hi have bought $1000’s of dollars in Panini cards. Just bought a blaster box from my local card shop. It 2018 2019 Panini Court kings. I got the Luka Donici Acetate rookie card. So happy. Then i see out of the Basketball is a chunk of paint missing or got messed up in manufacturing. But my card shop said they will give me proof i bought it. And im there every day buying your product. I still buy your stuff just did a hour ago. I need you to make this right please. Or i can never buy a panini product again. I hope you have a great day.

• Ryan Cracknell 27 May, 2020 at 11:24

@avery – You will need to contact Panini to have your card taken care of. This is not a Panini site.

49. Alvin 4 August, 2020 at 09:21

So this article is 8 years old give or take….customer service has gotten worse, by far. Robert emrich has taken a different position and the 2 people left aren’t responding to emails. The customer service phone number isn’t answering, and I have 20 open redemptions that are over a year old.

50. Mark 14 April, 2021 at 13:17

Reading these comments is getting me so fired up. I redeemed my redemption card on November 5, 2019. Yes, 2019…..17 months ago. I have called, actually got a person one time (one time) at least 15 times. Horrible for collectors. I want to just chalk it up as a loss but the fire within me won’t let me. It sucks.

51. Kat 18 April, 2021 at 09:49

I sent in a redemption for a cracked ice football auto last November. Im starting to think I will never receive it even though it has been live for over a year. What really gets me is how these companies can act with impunity defrauding customers and nothing is done. Eventually it will blow up in there face.