Kris Bryant Superfractor pulled, graded by BGS

Share:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNRrrUKVHQA[/youtube]

BryantWBThe Kris Bryant 2013 Bowman Chrome Superfractor autograph visited Beckett Grading Services for encapsulation after it was pulled by a customer of Neuhart Cards in Delaware, Ohio.

Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds caught up with Neuhart’s Brian Rideout who hand-delivered the card to BGS for examination and encapsulation on Friday.

What’s the future of this big card? How much has been offered for it?

Check out our video interview to find out …

Update: The card is now listed on eBay with an $89,999 Buy It Now price and has more than 300 watchers.

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

13 comments

1. @Jaypers413 4 April, 2015 at 14:22

In my opinion, the owner of this card would be absolutely crazy not to sell this card ASAP, as his hype has never been higher, and as we all know, media hype sells cards much better than a player’s actual performance.

2. Brian Rideout 4 April, 2015 at 22:45

I just want to say thanks to Chris, JJ and the whole Beckett staff for treating me right and making this trip even more memorable than it already was! As a collector this was a once in a lifetime experience that I will look back on several years from now!

3. Jonathan W. Iwanski 5 April, 2015 at 07:45

You’re right, Jay. Now’s a great time to sell this card. However, if I was fortunate enough to own this beautiful card, being a lifelong Cubs fan, I couldn’t sell it. I don’t collect for the money; I collect to enjoy the cards I pull, trade for, and buy. That said, if I didn’t follow the Cubs, it would be for sale.

4. Steve 5 April, 2015 at 23:01

THANK YOU JONATHAN !!! There are so ‘few collectors’ whom collect for the hobby & the fun of it. That being said-weigh your options carefully on selling this once in a lifetime card Brian.

5. Larry 5 April, 2015 at 23:37

I disagree partially with recent posts. Top prospects hype do sell alot of cards but in this instance I think Kris Bryant hasn’t reached his ceiling on cardboard. I think he is probably going to be the real deal. The Andrew Luck of baseball as it were. I think this is just the beginning of a storyed career in baseball and on cardboard.

6. Tony Chance 6 April, 2015 at 12:37

I agree, and collect for love of the hobby, but also appreciate the value of the cards I have. I have over the years had several big autograph pulls, and because they were not favorite players or from my favorite team I sold them with the intension of buying autographs of my favorite players, which I did. In this case however, I could pay off the remainder of my mortgage if I had and sold it for 90 grand, which would by far be a no-brainer. I believe I would happy trade my love of the hobby for no mortgage!

7. Eric misorski 7 April, 2015 at 01:35

I was lucky enough to pull one of the gold parallels of this very card this summer, and being graded by BGS as i write this. At the going rate, (even if it was my favorite player) I’m not sure I could afford not to sell. When you think of what you could do for your family with the 2k to 4k for the gold parallel I think I would feel guilty if I held on to it.

8. Jason 7 April, 2015 at 11:35

Did he say that this guy had bought over 50 cases of Jumbo Chrome, or am I hearing things?

9. Larry 8 April, 2015 at 10:45

That guy should have went to Gas Monkey Bar and Grill while he was in Dallas. That’s my next stop next time I visit Dallas, Whoaaa!!!!

10. Larry 8 April, 2015 at 22:15

So did he sell it, or did he just do that to get national attention for that card shop?

11. Brad 15 April, 2015 at 10:20

This card was sold to be included in the newest release from Prospect Rush. For those don’t know what that is, it’s a buy back product loaded with BGS 9.5+ and PSA 10 autographed prospect cards.