First look: 2014 Press Pass Five Star racing cards
By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor
Press Pass is putting out 2014 Five Star Racing in time for the next season.
The high-end product will come with five cards in every pack, including one booklet card. Five Star will be a limited run with fewer than 800 boxes produced from Press Pass.
Here’s a breakdown of each box:
– Booklet card: The booklet cards will have memorabilia and an autograph. They will be numbered to 15 of fewer.
– Autograph memorabilia card: These will be numbered to 50 or fewer.
– Autograph: This card will be numbered to 10 or fewer, or could be another autograph memorabilia card.
– Memorabilia: The memorabilia cards can come with up to five swatches of different materials such as a fire suit, sheet metal, gloves, shoes and more.
– Base: While they are base, it will be tough to complete a set as they are numbered to just 15 copies.
Many of the top drivers will be in 2014 Five Star such as Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Richard Petty, John Force, Danica Patrick, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards and more.
It will also include 2014 rookies such as Austin Dillon, Kyle Larson and Justin Allgaier.
A unique item from Press Pass is autographed lithographs that were signed in 1999 of “NASCAR’s 50 Greatest Drivers.” Instant win cards will be placed in Five Star where collectors will win the lithograph with autographs of Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, Benny Parsons, David Pearson, Lee Petty, Junior Johnson and more.
Five Star comes out January 23.