2013 Panini Prizm Baseball Details

Share:

No surprise here, the Prizms are back for a sophomore season. Panini America offered the first glimpses and a bit more information about the forthcoming 2013 Panini Prizm baseball card set on Thursday with the follow-up to the late-season addition to its 2012 lineup set for a Sept. 18 arrival.

2013-prizm-baseball-puig

Carrying a suggested retail price of $4.99 a pack, Prizm will include two autographs in every 20-pack box along with hobby-only Prizm parallels dropping three per box. Also to be found will be hobby-only Orange diecuts (/50), Gold (/10) and 1/1 Black Finite Prizms. There will be eight more short-prints or insert cards per box.

2013-prizm-baseball-piazza

The base set will include 300 cards (including 50 rookies) along with five insert sets. The inserts will be paralleled in hobby packs only with Gold and Black Prizms. The sets include Fearless (20 cards), Rookie Challengers (15 cards), Game Changers (15), Band of Brothers (20 and 10 additional short-prints) and a dozen Top Prospects. There will also be a USA Baseball presence as well.

Notable rookies to be found here include Dodgers phenom Yasiel Puig along with Manny Machado, Jurickson Profar, Dylan Bundy and Gerrit Cole.

There will be retail-only Green Prizm parallels once again along with Red for Target stores and Blue for Walmart stores.

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

11 comments

1. Jason K 11 July, 2013 at 15:16

Without an MLB license, how are they able to use “Dodgers” on the Piazza card. Shouldn’t they have to identify him as playing for Los Angeles?

2. chrisolds 11 July, 2013 at 15:33

Jason: That would explain why Panini pulled the image from its site. It cannot. Simply a mistake on the mocks.

3. Ed 11 July, 2013 at 21:04

So is Yasiel Puig from Los Angeles? Does Yasiel Puig play on the same “Blue Team” as Jurickson Profar?

Maybe I’m confused, or maybe it’s the cards?

Hang in there Panini….

Peace

4. James 12 July, 2013 at 00:56

I’ll have agree with Shane here.. I have had my fill of these unlicensed products. If I buy cards of any sport, I’d like them to at least have the team logos and names on them. Which is why I never buy early football products. The rookies are all photoshoped college pics. Just leaves my card buying and wax ripping experience missing something. I’ll pass.

5. phillies_joe 12 July, 2013 at 10:47

Shame no logo’s……I’d buy them if they did as these are pretty nice looking cards.

6. Matthew 12 July, 2013 at 13:40

I understand the sentiment about not getting excited about a product that doesn’t have an MLB-license. However, the only way MLB will stop giving Topps such a monopoly is if we continue to purchase these cards in quantities sufficient enough to make MLB feel as though they are losing out. After Topps’s thoroughly inept and unprofessional handling of redemption cards earlier this year, I am more than happy to give my business to Panini and Upper Deck.

7. George Hibbs 12 July, 2013 at 15:17

I buy a Lil of this N a Lil of that, since I’m not n2 the collecting for the money , it’s like XMas , I never know what I’m gonna get , Target must really love me, but I can understand where a true collector would pass , I’m just ur avg joe blow since 5th grade/71, Love reading all the why’s N why not’s

8. Megatron 16 July, 2013 at 04:09

I posted this in another place but it rings true here too. Its not just unlicensed products. My opinion/Feeling is I am sick of these partially Licensed Products adding to some existing problems. Too many SP’s, especially to complete a BASIC SET. Its overkill with parallels & the saturation of Prospects Insert Sets & these Minor League Products, licensed or not.. I have almost no idea who or what a true RC is anymore. Their is zero variety to choose from. Its really been the same products every year since 2006. HEY MLB/MLBPA, The hobby really needs companies like Upper Deck, Playoff & Fleer, Panini or Donruss fully Licensed, recreate that competition for better & different products, like over 25 years ago, when collecting was great. 1983-87, 1989 & even 2007 are great example of years to emulate for Baseball, with today’s twist that work, like a Refractor, Autograph/Relics & just one or 2 very different parallel type sets. Cut out the bad & pointless 10+ inserts sets a product. I hate that Topps/Bowman still goes around the no RC’s till a Player makes the “Show” with bullshit that hurts a Players actual RC. I am Very Proud of Hockey for going back to the way it was done thru 1989. I miss the simplicity of card collecting thru the mid 80’s. Ya had some variety & knew a RC when ya opened a pack, without know exactly what is gonna be a part of the base set or overall product. I know I am not 100% right, but alot of ya who are around 35-45 really get what I am trying to say. Tks! Comments are welcome!!! BLAH.