Collectors to Choose 2017 Topps Baseball Card #1
By Ryan Cracknell | Hobby Editor
Collectors are getting a say in who leads off the 2017 Topps Baseball set. The card maker has opened up voting through their blog, albeit with a field that has already been narrowed down to 16 players.
This is the second year in a row where a vote has been held. Mike Trout won the poll to headline 2016 Topps Baseball.
Here’s the list of choices for 2017 Topps Baseball #1:
• Adrian Beltre, Texas Rangers
• Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
• Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
• Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
• Carlos Correa, Houston Astros
• Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays
• Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
• Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
• Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
• Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
• Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
• David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
• Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
• Gary Sanchez, New York Yankees
• Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
• Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
The lead vote getter will join a list of Topps #1s that includes Andy Pafko, Jackie Robinson, Ted Williams, Nolan Ryan, Alex Rodriguez and Danny Cater.
Comments? Questions? Contact Ryan Cracknell on Twitter @tradercracks.