Carmen Electra’s pants sell for nearly $1K

Share:

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor

Carmen Electra has a strong following, so it was a no-brainer that Benchwarmers included her in its products.

But no one may have predicted what a recent card of her sold for on eBay.

A 1-of-1 zipper card from a pair of shorts worn by Electra sold for $940 after 149 bids.

The back of the card states: “You have received an authentic one of one Bench Warmer Daizy Dukez Zipper Memorabilia Card. This incredible card contains the actual authentic zipper piece from the actual jean shorts depicted on this card and worn by Carmen Electra.”

Other zipper cards have sold for big bucks as well.

Kara Monaco’s zipper card sold for $865, Jessica Hall’s sold for $335, Deanna Brooks ($329) and Claudia Jordan ($292).

All the women also signed the back of the cards.

The 2012 Benchwarmers Diazy Dukez set was a limited release with just 199 cases made.

Susan Lulgjuraj is an editor of Beckett Sports Card Monthly. You can email her here with questions, comments or ideas. Follow her on Twitter here. Follow Beckett Media on Facebook and Twitter.

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

6 comments

1. Wayne Frazer 14 May, 2013 at 12:41

I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I have two COMPLETE pairs of Carmen Electra’s pants from an appearance on Nash Bridges. I think I got them in a prop lot several years ago. I also have the 1/1 Carmen Electra Daizy Dukes autograph from this year’s Vegas Summit — maybe I should run it for auction?

2. chrisolds 14 May, 2013 at 13:39

It’s the cards themselves — something commodified — that often have the bigger draw. I’d think the card would outsell the full pants.

It’s like cut autographs using $20 autos that sell for $200.

3. Richard 14 May, 2013 at 14:46

For $1000, I’d have to be the guy allowed to unzip them off of her. :-)
    Seriously though, that’s a bit much to say the least. Obviously a rabid collector and
    I’m glad they have the money to spend to make the seller pretty happy.

4. TS 16 May, 2013 at 15:35

The auction appears to have five bidders, one of whom bid dozens of times in $5 increments to either dissuade others from bidding with a high purported bid count or to serve as a shill bidder.

5. Robert Braxton 17 May, 2013 at 11:36

Intriguing card.
    But, I’m pretty sure no matter how many times you pull that zipper down, she’s not going to appear behind it.

6. jared 19 May, 2013 at 01:37

Hey Chris,You know how you always like to smell the cards when you are doing a box busters break? Ok maybe I shouldn’t have gone there,lol.