Card Gallery: 2012 Panini National Treasures

Share:

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

One thing is known — Panini America is bringing National Treasures to the diamond.

We can thank Atlanta Braves legend Dale Murphy for that, though Panini has teased the arrival of the high-end product, which will have a 2012 branding despite it not likely arriving until next year.

No additional information has been released, but you can check out the images below.

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

8 comments

1. Richard 19 December, 2012 at 12:44

Pretty stuff, but I’m guessing that the “rated rookies” are not going to get the RC in the monthly book, right?

2. Chris Olds 19 December, 2012 at 14:07

If the Rated Rookies are MLB rookies, they would be RCs. If they are part of a prospect subset numbered separately from the MLB veterans, they would not be.

3. Jason Thomas 20 December, 2012 at 00:48

All I know is that I am torn between NT and Topps Five Star for 2012. With a rookie crop like this, EVERYONE should be thinking the same thing, and Everyone (at least, MANY MORE people than last year) should be thinking about buying at least 1 box of high-end product as an investment in my opinion. Sure, NT took the bacon last year, but I am willing to bet that Topps has learned from it’s mistakes……… actually, I don’t have to bet…..look at the 2012 Five Star designs!! Freaky Awesome looking cards. I am really hoping there will not be a repeat of last year, where 2 VERY similar cards are compared and listed for sale on Ebay …..only to see the the NT card fetch 200% (at least!!!) more than the five star. Perhaps rightfully so, I mean the cards WERE more attractive in 2011. I don’t know about you, but if I would have bought five star last year I would have been disappointed to say the least!!! I think five star is gonna rock it this year! Another good note keep in mind even AFTER this year is this…..There is still room for improvement!!!! To be honest, a company that is going to charge $450+/- for a PACK of football cards should really do some serious R/D to find out what is most important in a football card/set to serious high-end collectors! Im sorry, I just didn’t see it last year. Speaking personally, If I am going to pay that much for a box (pack) of sports cards (which I have no problem doing), I need to be absolutely blown away by everything from card design(especially inserts) to odds to content. Sorry, I just didn’t see it last year. Here’s hoping for a change! Thanks!

4. chrisolds 20 December, 2012 at 12:56

Richard: Licensing does not dictate the tagging. The build and type of set and whether it includes MLB veterans along with the rookies does. The RC logo and an RC tag in the magazines — as used for decades — aren’t the same, either. There are RC logo cards that aren’t Rookie Cards.

5. Corey 20 December, 2012 at 17:47

It all looks the same and no color. Cards on the down and the price of this stuff is at least worth colored paper. Right.?

6. charles 21 December, 2012 at 06:41

ok Chris this RC. logo was suppost to fix everything, but know they are putting it on all these cards that are not rookie cards. why? if not RC’s. It mite perplex some