Beckett Night at the Ballpark Bringing Fun, Food and Ron Kittle to The National
Sports cards and collectibles are the main draw of the National Sports Collectors Convention. But there’s also the social side that comes with the annual event, even after the doors to the convention center close for the day.
Beckett Night at the Ballpark is one of those opportunities where you can hang out in a casual environment, grab some food, win some prizes and even grab an autograph from 1983 American League Rookie of the Year, Ron Kittle.
It takes place on Thursday, August 1 from 6PM to 9PM at The Dome at Rosemont, an indoor softball venue located just one mile from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center where the National is being held.
In addition to hanging out with other collectors, here are some of the other highlights and things you can expect:
- Over 150 prizes in drawings include autographs, boxes of cards, art and more.
- Another 50 prizes for participating in games and activities like Eric Norton’s Run-the-Bases Race, Take Me Out to the Ballgame karaoke, a hot dog eating contest and more.
- Real Breaks is hosting a live break for 80 attendees (random drawing) where all participants get a box of Topps baseball cards to break live and keep afterwards.
- Silent auction with 25 items benefitting Ronald McDonald House.
- An appearance by the Chicago Bandits mascot.
As far as food goes, there’s a full all-you-can-eat picnic buffet. A cash bar is available for adults as well.
All attendees get a goodie bag to take home. Tickets also include one autograph from Ron Kittle. Additional autographs are available for $25 each.
Tickets are $49.95 each for adults and $39.95 for kids aged 12 and under.
Space is limited and tickets need to be purchased in advance. To buy tickets or if you have any further questions, please contact Ted Barker by phone at (972) 448-9147 or by email.
Beckett Night at the Ballpark
Thursday, August 1
6PM to 9PM
The Dome at Rosemont
27 Jennie Finch Way
Adults – $49.95
Kids (12 and under) – $39.95
For tickets or with questions, contact
Phone: (972) 448-9147