All 2015 Topps Chrome Carlos Correa autographs “in Topps’ possession”

Share:

2015 Topps Chrome Carlos Correa Purple Red Autographs

By Ryan Cracknell | Hobby Editor

The situation with the unreleased 2015 Topps Chrome Carlos Correa autographs that mysteriously showed up for sale appears to have been resolved. Topps has remained quiet about the situation until now.

A company spokesperson said, “All Carlos Correa Topps Chrome autograph cards are in Topps’ possession.”

No further details or clarification were provided.

The situation arose when someone was offering the cards for sale on the Blowout Cards forums. The only problem was, the cards had not been officially released. Although the cards were teased when Topps showed the Superfractor autograph via social media last fall.

Topps finalized their exclusive autograph deal with Correa after 2015 Topps Chrome Baseball was completed.

The autographs have now been announced for 2016 Topps Chrome Baseball, which is scheduled to release in August.

Comments? Questions? Contact Ryan Cracknell on Twitter @tradercracks.

Share:

Ryan Cracknell

A collector for much of his life, Ryan focuses primarily on building sets, Montreal Expos and interesting cards. He's also got one of the most comprehensive collections of John Jaha cards in existence (not that there are a lot of them). Got a question, story idea or want to get in touch? You can reach him by email and through Twitter @tradercracks.

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

13 comments

1. Jason Bay 19 February, 2016 at 16:55

Kudos to Blowout and Beckett for bringing attention to this situation! These things are bound to happen from time to time, but at least it’s been addressed.

2. blackbears86 19 February, 2016 at 17:27

What about the gypsy queen cards the prospective “seller” also had in his possession? How do we know all cards have been accounted for?

Very disappointing Topps—You keep letting us down.

3. CJ 19 February, 2016 at 19:55

Sure. They didn’t say whether or not they printed more did they? The article just said the issue was “addressed.” Hmmmm.

4. Tom Eikle 19 February, 2016 at 20:02

So they have them back and it’ll get swept under the rug. No word on what happened, no word on the gypsy queen cards the mystery person had either. Wow Topps…just wow.

5. teddyB 19 February, 2016 at 20:24

Yeah, well what else were they going to say? Our big product with a held back 2015 product will be missing big hits? I’ll believe it when I see it, trouble is they’re just hoping that this hushes everyone up.

Topps has really broken my trust this month and I don’t think they can fix it. Said a card I’ve been waiting a year for was done on January 15th’s Redemption Update which is #’d /25, and here it is over a month later so I call today only to be told THE CARD IS NOT AVAILABLE, when every day more and more pop up on eBay! They told me THE CARD IS NOT MADE YET. They told me to CHECK BACK IN EVERY MONTH to see if it has been finished. So it went from shipping soon to shipping no time soon. A card I was 100% sure would be made that I paid a LOT of money for the redemption, and I won’t be seeing it any time soon. I’ve been buying Topps cards since I was a kid and I’m 34 years old now and they lost me for good this time. You don’t treat customers like dog poo and expect them to come crawling back every time you release a pretty new set.

I really don’t feel intrigued by any of the 2016 rookies anyway, Schwarber was a 2015 rookie they just held his cards back to make sales so they can keep em now.

6. Jason 19 February, 2016 at 21:23

While I’m glad that the cards are allegedly in Topps possession, they need to be completely transparent with how these cards ended up for sale online, how the problem was resolved, and what they are doing to prevent it from happening again. It really is the only way most collectors will be satisfied.

7. Chris 19 February, 2016 at 21:42

Exactly Tom. They were offered for sale, so this wasn’t intentional by Topps. Maybe they should elaborate on who took them and how they got them back. They won’t.

8. Larry 19 February, 2016 at 22:00

CJ it should be easy to tell if these are the actual cards when someone finds them. The red card in the left has a bad auto and the one on the right has 3 different surface scratches that can be seen in the picture above.

9. Peties Army 19 February, 2016 at 22:05

Deeeez he never had all five just the ones shown

I was one of the first to see them and all I can say is I should have bought one!!!

10. JD 20 February, 2016 at 02:10

Not that I am condoning the theft by any means, but why wouldn’t you wait until right as GQ went live before you tried to sell the stolen cards. You’d never get caught. You are definitely raising red flags by trying to sell anything months before a release. The Correa cards are a different matter, but the GQ thing is just idiotic.