A long-awaited Major League mailday

Share:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lAY01VcKuQ[/youtube]

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he completes a collecting journey of sorts with a recent mailday for an item he has written about several times in the past.

What is it? What did it cost? Watch and find out …

Share:

Tens of millions of cards available for sale in the
Beckett Marketplace!

Get up-to-date pricing for your favorite sports cards with a
Beckett OPG Subscription

17 comments

1. Ben 11 July, 2012 at 23:47

Very cool video to watch, could tell that was emotional on some level for you. Glad you finally got it. And as you can tell, the presence of the set in your hands was too much .. the power went out.

2. Kurry Ferguson 12 July, 2012 at 00:49

Pretty Sweet
    One of my cooks lives in West Allis Wi,
    guess I will let him come in late if he
    goes to some garage sales and finds me a set

3. Kollectornet 12 July, 2012 at 07:06

That is awesome. Congrats to you. They are way better than a Swisher 1/1 for you.

4. bill johnson 12 July, 2012 at 14:03

ive heard about those cards, but have never seen them first hand. major league was one of my all time fav sports movies. i know you say you over paid, but i think everyone here will agree, that the look on your face when you opened it was better then any box busters. i think it was well worth the wait and thanks for sharing. .

5. John 12 July, 2012 at 16:41

These cards are on my want list, but I was never sure they were really out there. THIS is why we collect, thanks for sharing Chris!!

6. Adam 12 July, 2012 at 18:49

I’ve got 2 sets of these (one sealed, one opened with a couple of the cards signed) and see them fairly frequently at rinky-dink shows here in Milwaukee where the movie was shot. Didn’t think they were that HTF.

7. Randall 12 July, 2012 at 19:42

Congrats!!! If they are that hard to find, I don’t think you overpaid. Hey, there are some cards out there that I would probably overpay also if I knew I was getting it from someone reputable. Anyway, fun video as always.

8. Jim B. 13 July, 2012 at 12:44

Awesome video! This is why we collect. I’m still looking for my holy grail…A Complete 1982 Wrestling All-Stars set.

9. michael runyon 13 July, 2012 at 15:11

Chris this is a great story and a great set. Congratulations on getting it.

This is the reason I would love to see an article in BSM called white whales. Have some collectors list a few of their wants that they have never ever seen and see if some of the readers can help them caputre the whale.

3 of mine are

CHUCK BOWN WINNERS CHOICE AUTOGRAPH /500
    HARRY RANIER 97 AUTOGRAPH RACING AUTOGRAPH

and

David Pearson 2003 VIP EBAY PREVIEW

10. Albert Legaspi 13 July, 2012 at 21:54

it is really nice to see how emotional it was getting this pack! A true collector of BB cards…such a refreshing video as I enjoy seeing how people cherish certain cards ….. Much than the usual folks I’ve seen all the time at shows that flip cards for profit.

11. Rob Braxton 14 July, 2012 at 07:33

$200? For a set that rare, … that’s not that bad (at all).

It’s good when a set (or card) finds its home.

12. sumeet kalra 16 July, 2012 at 20:39

that was a really cool video. congrats on finding a rare set. that was one great movie.

13. Matthew 17 July, 2012 at 18:08

That was an awesome video. Didn’t even realize it was 12.5 minutes long. The excitement you had was amazing to watch.