2011-12 Upper Deck Black Diamond Hockey Details
By Andrew Tolentino
Marching right along into the 2011-12 hockey season, Upper Deck leaked a sneak peek at its December-dropping NHL Black Diamond product.
Features like flashy Lustrous Rookies and appropriately named Championship rings cards carry brand appeal in nuance, while other signature elements shine with a new finish. The jersey cards seen here, for instance, offer something different for the material set builder.
We’re not quite clear on how many pairings there are, but these Capitals cards (when coupled) align to spell “Washington” — a simple, but handsome hobby puzzle.
Black Diamond comes five cards per pack, 24 packs per box (plus an advertised “bonus,” which means 25) and yields the following, on average …
- Six Double Diamond Veterans
- Three Triple Diamond Veterans
- One Quadruple Diamond Rookie Gems card
- One Ruby, Gold or Platinum parallel
- Two Black Diamond Jerseys
- Four Ice Veterans
- One Ice Premieres Rookie Card (numbered between 99 and 199)
Collectors can look for those one-in-288-pack Lustrous Rookies among other harder-to-find finds by the case:
- One Lustrous Rookie
- One Hardware Heroes (numbered to 100)
- Four PETG Championship Rings
- Four to Five GEMography Autographs