`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HARLEM GLOBTROTTERS - WHERE ARE THEY?

Going to go see the Harlem Globetrotters in San Diego on FEB 12th, so I thought I would check Beckett.com's massive card listing to see what cards were out there for them... to my suprize, there is an extremely low number. Maybe they are not listed by Harblem Globetrotters. I tried seaching for Harlem & Harlem Globetrotters. I think if there are any cards out there, they are listed by the player's name. Below is the most current card that came up.

2008 Donruss Sports Legends Certified Cuts #9a Marques Haynes/ Harlem Globetrotters/ 20

Have you seen any other Harlem Globetrotter's cards? What products were they released in? I would love to see of of these players in the future. Maybe UD can throw them in one of their future products. Can't wait for GOTG 09-10 to be released...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Here's a Meadowlark Lemon I own from last year's Chronology. He is no longer associated with the team. A lot of the present players are no longer the classic stars so there are probably no cards out there. Maybe the Globetrotters will sell their own at the game?

[Image: MeadowlarkLemon.jpg]
Collecting Basketball Autographs

Globtrotters are still a big part of basketball, even though it's not the NBA. I think of them as the same as the All Star game or charity games. When I was younger, my dad & his friend would always get tickets to the charity games. I used to like them more than the actual games. Probably, because I was star struck back then. It was funny watching actors & singers playing against NBA stars.

Hopefully, one day there will be a few Globtrotter cards will end up in packs. Chronology & press pass were the two products that came to mind. Wilt Chamberlain in a Globtrotter uniform would be awesome!!

[Image: Wilt%20Chamberlian.jpg]

GLOBTROTTER "LEGENDS"
Hubert "Geese" Ausbie
Hallie Bryant
Wilt Chamberlain
"Sweet" Lou Dunbar
David “Smokey” Gaines
"Wee" Willie Gardner
William "Pop" Gates
J.C. Gipson
Robert "Showboat" Hall
Charles "Tex" Harrison
Connie Hawkins
Marques Haynes
Carl Helem
Jackie Jackson
Mannie Jackson
Bob Karstens
Junius Kellogg
John "Jumpin' Johnny" Kline
Louis "Red" Klotz
Meadowlark Lemon
Bobby Joe Mason
Fred "Curly" Neal
Bernie Price
James "Twiggy" Sanders
Reece "Goose" Tatum
Govoner Vaughn
Frank Washington
Lynette Woodard
*United States Navy*

Maybe you're not finding them because it's Globetrotters and not Globtrotters.

Honestly, there hasn't been a mainstream Globetrotters set since the 70s. There's probably team issued sets but they weren't available outside of being purchased at the event. They don't have any team sets for sale on their website after a quick check. Your best bet is to check their roster and see if anybody happens to have cards in recent sets. Maybe somebody played in the D-League or was drafted by an NBA team.

pacrimcollectibles, thanks for pointing out my spelling error. I can't believe I misspelled it every time. I searched it correctly on google & on beckett. I still have the searches open on another screen. Think I am going to check out few of the names that I remember from the first time I seen them. I'm bored at work anyways. Have to stay here until tomorrow afternoon. Duty calls!
*United States Navy*

RE: HARLEM GLOBTROTTERS - WHERE ARE THEY?
maybe with the NBA lockout & NBA letting a monopoly happen with NBA licensed cards... we might start seeing UD manufacturer Globetrotter cards...
*United States Navy*

(10-14-2011, 12:39 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: maybe with the NBA lockout & NBA letting a monopoly happen with NBA licensed cards... we might start seeing UD manufacturer Globetrotter cards...
Have not seen many, but here are a few that I have.......
04-05 SP Sig Marquee Marks, Neal & Lemon #/100
05-06 SP Game Used Significance, Lemon #/100
09-10 National Treasures, Card 156, Lynette Woodard #/99

[Image: Globetrotters.jpg]

First of all, unless you're going with your kids (<10 years), don't go to the Globerotters. I went when they were here in Valencia and it sucked big time. It's basically just clowning around with a ball combined with kids' theater. All orchestrated. Or perhaps we just got a B-team or something...

That said, Curly Neal was in the Sportkings set too:
[Image: 7650214f_brw.jpg] [Image: 7650214f_bww.jpg]

I've watched the Globetrotters 3 times. Once when I was real small. Twice in the last few years.. It is entertainment. Not a real basketball game like they used to do.. play a game & intertwine all the tricks into it. It is a little expensive to go watch them, but not as expensive as a football game...

Globetrotters are still awesome & part of basketball history... just like the basketball street legends that never make it to the NBA..
hlc1949 ... I'd be interested in those two globetrotter autos...
*United States Navy*