`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron and Kobe Hobby Value Discussion

I think Lebron should cost more than Kobe....I think when it's all said and done, Lebron will have more under his bealt and I think lots of people realize that, so that's why his prices are more. JMO
Hey guys, Elgin Baylor here. My user name everywhere else is SportsItUpCards so
it only made sense...
[Image: 2lcpeux.gif]

I just wanted to add a kink to someone's/people's opinions about Kobe's stats, just because I like to be difficult. No, his career statistics will not change drastically, however, I think he still has just as good a shot as LeBron to have one of the greatest, if not the greatest, statistical years ever. It really depends on a few things. One, the stamina of the player. LeBron has an edge in that because he is how many years younger? lol. Even though LeBron does look older. Smile It also depends on the team and the coach. If a coach does not want a player to score all of the points and put up 30 shots a night, he has the ability to bench the player. If the team is good enough to make the shots just as easily, then it's not as easy for the player to put up 30 shots a night. And since they both play a forward spot, it depends on the point guard. With the coach situation, it's even. Both coaches realize the potential of both of their players and almost let them do as they should. With the point guard situation, I'd say it's relatively even. Kobe might have a slight edge. With the team situation, I'd say LeBron has the edge in this because his teammates aren't as seasoned and experienced as Kobe's team. However, to go off of what someone said about LeBron being a ball hog, I believe that might have something to do with it as well. They're both ball hogs because they're both spectacular. However, LeBron does seem to want the ball more, or goes to get the ball, more than Kobe. To quote a great movie, "Winners want the ball in their hands when the games on the line." Or was it "Winners want the ball in their hands when it matters most?" I'm not sure. Either way, they both love to win and will do what they can to win. Neither want to just pad their stats to be called the greatest stats player of all time, they both do what they do because they want to win championships. That's why Kobe has four and STILL goes out and gives 100% every day. And to let everyone know that I'm not tooting his horn because I like him better, I hated him up until about 3 years ago. But seeing his determination to get over his personal and public issues to do what he's done to win his championships, it's astounding. I think one thing that does make it different is the position they play. LeBron is a SF/PF, so he does end up getting more boards and since he's great at dribbling and wicked fast for someone his size, he can get down the court and bum rush through the lane. Kobe doesn't get as many boards so he has to count on his team getting the ball up the court to him. That's only a minor detail though. But look at Jordan, he was a G/SG/SF. But Jordan had Kukoc, Longley, Rodman, Cartwright, Pippen, Paxson, Kerr, Harper, etc. He had great role players and they didn't care that he got his stats as long as they won. As far as who could have the greatest statistical season ever, that's still up for grabs and LeBron has a better chance, but don't rule Kobe out. Who will be the greatest player of all time? Well, I don't think Kobe will be, and I don't think LeBron will be. But we'll see.
B
ucket

[Image: Masterpiece-Detroit-Collector-Banner2.jpg]
Banner: Card Fanatic 2003

RE: Lebron and Kobe Hobby Value Discussion
bump for an oldschool discussion, i believe now kobe and lebron cards are pretty much even in todays guides, meaning there new stuff, base, inserts, etc.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Honestly I don't get the hype with LeBron and ESPECIALLY now I think it's an insult to compare him to Kobe! This hobby is so confusing sometimes! For example it's so strange to me how when a player retires after having a HOF career that their cards actually go DOWN in value??? Sure they're out of the spotlight, but why do collectors waste so much money year after year on unproven rookies when history has shown that barely any ever pan out!!!!?

In my opinion I don't think LeBron will ever be able to make people forget about how bad he choked in last seasons nba finals! He is a proven loser and a poor mans Kobe Bryant.

Kobe has FIVE championships!!! an MVP!!! Scoring titles!!! And is an all time top 10 player on most peoples list, while LeBron continues to disappoint and underachieve!

I think when it's all said and done LeBron will just be another slightly better Vince Carter.... even with him in Miami now I think comparing him to Scottie Pippen might even be an insult to #33 LOL

But as for the topic... Only reason LeBron's rookie cards are so much more valuable than Kobe's is cause of scarcity! I'll take a 1996 Topps Chrome Refractor Kobe RC over an Exquisite Lebron RPA anyday haha

I think LeBron definately has as much physical talent and ability as Kobe. Their different players but both equally deadly to opponents. Kobe is a better shooter, but with Lebron's size, speed, strength, ball handling, vision, passing, etc he can play all 5 positions on the floor at any given time. Of course he is not going to stop a guy like shaq from dunking, but he can probably push Dwight Howard off the block.

And I hate it when people compare a persons "greatness" with how many championships they have.

Michael Jordan was a great player and always will be in my mind, but he would not have 6 championships without Scottie Pippen, John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper and all the other guys that made shots, plyed defense and got rebounds.

Kobe is also a great player and destined for the HOF, but he too would not have 6 championships without Shaq, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher and the other guys that made plays when it counted.

Last years finals was decided by two things. Bad defense by Miami against the three point shooters who went off for over 40% and a poor supporting cast for Miami. Their spot up shooters didn't make shotsand their big men did absolutely nothing except miss free throws. 3 Men can't be 8. The Mavericks have talent at all 5 positions and they are deep. Miami is going to have to get a supporting cast that can produce or they will never win a title.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I think D Rose is in the one of the best current player category.

I think Kobe has the LA thing happening and its huge fan base. Last years events with Lebron hurt his popularity, I can only imagine how big he would be if he was drafted by a key market like LA, NY, Chicago etc. Card values are based on popularity and what collectors are willing to pay not necessarily on the players talent....see Karl Malone for a great example.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.