Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

I have a question about 1998 Finest.

Is there a way to tell whether a refractor is a no-protector or not? I know they don't come with the protective coating, but some people remove that from these cards. I am able to tell with base cards whether it is no-protector, but it is very difficult with the refractors. Thanks!
[Image: Banner.jpg]

Looking for Mark Grace, Ryne Sandberg, Ernie Banks
2008 UD Heroes Red & Navy
Blue
2006 GOTG Pewter & Copper

The Sports Card Monthly articles I enjoy most are the ones that contain a full color card listing (i.e. Cards You Always Wanted and Should Buy Right Now!, 50 Greatest Autograph Cards, etc. ).  Are there any plans for similar articles in the near future? 

Thanks,

Jeremy
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I've got graded cards I don't want, and I can't give'm away (there so far out of demand).  I submit my graded card orders in person (since I live in the D/FW area).

If I offered to donate these to Beckett, would they take them?

Maybe Beckett could do a promotion, like giving 90¢ off my next order for every BGS 9 I donate.
Just a thought.

{I gotta get rid of these cards; they're an eyesore. Tongue}

i recently started collecting an autograph for every HOF'er. How ever i can not find some. can you tell me how many HOF'ers do not have certified autos.

I'm trying to add my 2009 Allen & Ginter Red Ink Mini and it is not stated in the database. I was wondering if possible that they could be added. I know Topps had a checklist for them a while back when they first came out.

Thanks in advance

grandam1697 Wrote:I'm trying to add my 2009 Allen & Ginter Red Ink Mini and it is not stated in the database. I was wondering if possible that they could be added. I know Topps had a checklist for them a while back when they first came out.

Thanks in advance

did you try this?
http://beta.beckett.com/item/7221588/Bas...abOverview
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

Have a 2003 Legendary Cuts Satchel Paige card #113,  it's some sort of paralell set card with a green border, black at the bottom and a small gold inner border (refractor-like)...there is no print run on it ??   Hope you can identify it and guesstimate i's worth
Kind regards,

Rich Happoldt
Templeton,  Ca.

Are there any plans in the works to correct the 2010 Topps listings? The "Legendary Lineage" cards in packs are listed in the OPG as "Past and Present," the "Cards Your Mother Threw Out" and the "Cards Your Mother Threw Out Original Backs" are listed as being Silk Collection, and they're not, and finally, the "Million Card GIveaway" cards aren't listed at all.

I was also wondering why Beckett doesn't list unlicensed cards. While they may not be licensed, they're still cards, and still viable parts of many collectors' collections. It would be helpful for cataloging and record-keeping, even if a "N/A" was applied to their values. The Broder-type cards are difficult enough to keep track of, without a Beckett-listing to assist.
Hoosier

grandam1697 Wrote:Chris: We collectors need a full story on this Topps "Relic/Memorabilia" mess.

Hopefully, you saw the stories on here recently. If not, you will have everything recapped on the issue in the next issue of BSCM. (Prince Fielder on the cover.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

popjon Wrote:This crap grinds my gears.. Vol9 No7 Oct. o9  Pages 10,11,12,13. Beckett baseball 4 pages dedicated to this product and Topps Director of Product Development Clay Luraschi.  Can we get Clay back for maybe a blurb in a future issue to discuss why he failed to announce seat cards before the product went live. I guess where he states" there will be a few surprises" takes on a new meaning.  Shame on Topps with this product and trying to hoodwink collectors. I pulled a"Babes RAINBOW Was Here, maybe" card last night. Garbage.

If you missed the stories here recently, you'll find three pages on the Topps Relic questions in the next issue of BSCM (Prince Fielder on the cover).
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)