Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

chrisolds Wrote:
laneyb Wrote:So UD has no clue what they're making and packing out - just great. It's amazing they kept their mlb license as long as they did. I believe the print run is extremely low as well. Thanks for the help.

They're not alone in the industry. Happens to all companies.

But UD is the company that lost their license. Plain and simple, they don't care about the people that buy their products.
[url=http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd146/laney_bruce/Griffey/Auto/?start=al
l]My Griffey Collection[/url]

Hi Chris, I have a question regaurding the 1994 Collectors Choice white letter variations. Am I to assume that because the Arod books for three times its counterpart that the rest of these variations also book three times that of the non var.

I ask since it said "Only pricing for Arod for now". Are these really that rare? Grade worthy if it is close to mint raw?

Thank you and sorry if this has come up already, I cant search the forum.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Hello again, Chris.
I was wondering why 2007 Just Minors is not in the database? How come 2007 Just is there, but the Just Minors is not? Thanks.
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

Toddaray Wrote:Hi Chris, I have a question regaurding the 1994 Collectors Choice white letter variations. Am I to assume that because the Arod books for three times its counterpart that the rest of these variations also book three times that of the non var.

I ask since it said "Only pricing for Arod for now". Are these really that rare? Grade worthy if it is close to mint raw?

Thank you and sorry if this has come up already, I cant search the forum.

I think you can realistically assume that the others would be similarly valued (3x) -- though there wouldn't be many with as much interest as ARod. There probably haven't been enough sales for the others to track an accurate price hence the notation.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

amysb4212 Wrote:Hello again, Chris.
I was wondering why 2007 Just Minors is not in the database? How come 2007 Just is there, but the Just Minors is not? Thanks.

By quick answer (no time to check): There are several 2007 Just sets listed in the latest issue of Beckett Baseball -- Just Autographs, Just Rookies, Justifiable, etc. Try a search for Just and see if it doesn't pop up with that. (Sometimes the keywords aren't precise.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Why is 2008 Razor Brett Wallace card #13 N/A on price?  It seems no different from any other cards in the set.
I have changed my approach to collecting. I have gotten the Vintage Bug. I am
looking for any and all Vintage Mays cards. I am also building the 1953 Topps s
et.

Chris,

I am trying to figure out how many White Whales there are for each card in the 2009 Triple Threads set. I have two different colored "White Whale" cards, but when I search Beckett it only says that there is one White Whale per card. I know that there is also a Platinum 1/1 version, but the two examples I have each say White Whale on the back of the card.

chrisolds Wrote:
amysb4212 Wrote:Hello again, Chris.

By quick answer (no time to check): There are several 2007 Just sets listed in the latest issue of Beckett Baseball -- Just Autographs, Just Rookies, Justifiable, etc. Try a search for Just and see if it doesn't pop up with that. (Sometimes the keywords aren't precise.)

OK, I still can't find them. Here are some scans.
[Image: nickjustf.jpg]
[Image: nickjustb.jpg]
2007 just dual signatures nick adenhart/young-il jung /25
2007 just dual signatures nock adenhart/hank conger /25
2006 just triple signatures nick adenhart/sean rodriguez/young-il jung /3

I also have a 2007 just dual signatures nick adenhart/jonathan meloan /25(not pictured)

Any info you can give is appreciated. I would just love to be able to put them in my organize. Thanks.
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

i can't log any of my 2007 topps moments and milestone red. the registary will not let me add them because they have the old type of lable on them. is there any one at Beckett i can send the information to and have them add my cards into my registary. i have other cards that i can not add as well those cards come up invalid serial number

Chris: We collectors need a full story on this Topps "Relic/Memorabilia" mess. Looks like we are not getting the full story from Topps. It seems to be a big issue with Topps T206 and the Topps Tribute. On the back or front they are stating Game Used Memorabilia or Relic but in fact it might not even be a Game used item from that player. Looks like so far Babe Ruth has been the one everyone has noticed, but Ty Cobb and Jackie Robinson (to name a few) could also be in the mix. Also whos to say that even the current players we aren't getting what they say.

Could you please contact Topps and find out a checklist, what the pieces are, and why Topps isn't giving us any info on them?

Below is the recent e-mail I recieved from them....I think most of us thought it was only the Wood pieces causing the issue, but from the e-mail even the Jersey's are in question.

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry, please be advised these are memorbilia pieces and may not necessarily be bat or jersey relics, however the majority of the items are indeed jersey and bat pieces. Some of the items including the Ruth relics are seat relics from that era.
Thank you for your interest in Topps.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team (By Phone: 800-489-9149, or by EmailConfusedupport@etopps.com) if you ever have any other questions, comments or suggestions. A customer service representative will be available to answer your questions between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm (EST), Monday through Friday.Sincerely,Consumer RelationsThe Topps Company, Inc.