`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

who and what year did the 1933 goudey babe ruth and lou gerhig get reprinted ?

danieldfolk Wrote:I am trying to catalogue my cards and I have a 2000 topps question I'm hoping you can help me with. What is the difference betweeen 2000 topps basic, topps chrome, and topps chrome refractor cards? I have cards with a shiny/metallic look and wasn't sure which is which.

Im not Chris but Ill handle this one.
Basic Topps is just that, plain old Topps (about 10 cards a pack for $2). Itll read "Topps" on the card front.

Topps Chrome is nearly a higher end parallel of the basic Topps set. Four cards a pack for $3 srp. You cant get Topps Chrome cards in basic Topps packs in 2000. Chrome cards read "Topps Chrome" on the card front.

Refractors are parallels of Topps Chrome cards, only being found a couple per Hobby box (back in 2000). The backs MAY show an "R" or "Refractor" next to the card number. These cards have a rainbow shine to them especially when they are near a bright light.

I don't know if you have the Mantle's 1994 Phone cards but if you need them I have about seven or eight of them.

Mickey7Mantle7 Wrote:Chris...is there a way to delete multiple trade offers instead on canceling one at a time, only to be re-routed to the inbox and starting all over? Takes way too long.

Thanks.

Do you need any of the 1994 Phone cards of Mantle? I have seven or eight of them.

Could you contact the webmaster and ask him to start fixing the 1 million problems with this site? Also, could you eliminate the top 6 permanent threads by Beckett staff? Thanks, Pat

Mintacular Wrote:Could you contact the webmaster and ask him to start fixing the 1 million problems with this site? Also, could you eliminate the top 6 permanent threads by Beckett staff? Thanks, Pat

Well, the editor has only posted in this thread once in just over two weeks so I think the point of this thread is broken along with the rest of the site.

i have a question on the rarity of a card i just pulled from topps ticket to stardom... its a 1/1 original ticket from an AMERICAN event in pop culture, The Inauguration of the President & Vice President & if you think there is a market for this card?

ok obviously its rare being a 1/1 i meant what's the ratio of packs to pull one of these.

ok obviously its rare being a 1/1 i meant what's the ratio of packs to pull one of these.

shlages Wrote:i have a question on the rarity of a card i just pulled from topps ticket to stardom... its a 1/1 original ticket from an AMERICAN event in pop culture, The Inauguration of the President & Vice President & if you think there is a market for this card?

The odds for the stubs are on the packaging. They are 1:190 packs -- one per case. However, there do appear to be instances where the same stub is included more than once.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

If you read the original post, this thread is not for trading/site/tech/subs questions.
Subscription services -- ubscriptions@beckett.com">subscriptions@beckett.com
Site --  webmaster@beckett.com
For general customer service -- customerservice@beckett.com
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)