`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
(07-08-2012, 04:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's not an error. mantle is supposed to be there
Whenever I see the card for sale, it has Mattingly in the hologram and in the front. The card I have appears to be a combination of the Mantle 'Then and Now' and the Mattingly 'Then and Now'.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

I have a Rod Barajas 2012 topps with set number 395 and according to the price guide it should be #391. Would this be an error?

Mr. Olds,

I haven't been to Beckett in about ten years but I'm getting back into collecting. Gave away most of my collection except a few. I found my

1995 TRENTON THUNDER TEAM ISSUE #19 NOMAR GARCIAPARRA

It's n/a. Years ago I feel like there was a special edition of Beckett for minor league cards And I remember this being listed with a price... Anyway I can find that?

Thank you
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(07-03-2012, 07:45 PM)user_93adg Wrote: MY MARIS ROOKIE HAS THE 4 NUMBERS 9,7,4,6 WHICH AVERAGES 6.5 GRADE, BUT THE CARD IS GRADED OVERALL 4.5 GRADE ON THE LABEL? DID THEY MAKE A MISTAKE?
The formula is not a standard average. You'd have to contact BGS on how it works. Some have more weight than others.

(07-04-2012, 01:54 PM)GeneMadden Wrote: New to the site. I recently opened a 2012 Topps archives pack and inside was a 1972 Joe Morgan card. It has a gold stamp that says original. It certainly looks origional. I have been unable to find it listed anywhere. Any thoughts?
It's either a buyback or a reprinted insert card.
(07-14-2012, 07:48 AM)stera8 Wrote: Mr. Olds,

I haven't been to Beckett in about ten years but I'm getting back into collecting. Gave away most of my collection except a few. I found my

1995 TRENTON THUNDER TEAM ISSUE #19 NOMAR GARCIAPARRA

It's n/a. Years ago I feel like there was a special edition of Beckett for minor league cards And I remember this being listed with a price... Anyway I can find that?

Thank you
Minor league sets are priced on Beckett.com. But because they are most often sold as sets, many do not have pricing.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Do we have any idea what are the odds of the guys in hat or fashionable ladies mini's found in 2012 Allen & ginter?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Is this an error?
I asked this back in 09' in the forum and nobody knew the answer. I have an 08' Joe Flacco Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor rookie. On the back it doesn't say that it is a refractor. I asked a guy selling one on eBay if his indicated that it was a refractor and he said yes. I've added a couple of pic for everyone to try & figure out. Please someone who knows anything about this stuff, let me know something. Thanks

(07-21-2012, 11:29 AM)jeremydb75 Wrote: Is this an error?
I asked this back in 09' in the forum and nobody knew the answer. I have an 08' Joe Flacco Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor rookie. On the back it doesn't say that it is a refractor. I asked a guy selling one on eBay if his indicated that it was a refractor and he said yes. I've added a couple of pic for everyone to try & figure out. Please someone who knows anything about this stuff, let me know something. Thanks
I don't do football, so I don't know particularly -- but Refractors lacking a Refractor marking have not been uncommon in the past. (It happens from time to time.)

(07-21-2012, 10:22 AM)stera8 Wrote: Do we have any idea what are the odds of the guys in hat or fashionable ladies mini's found in 2012 Allen & ginter?
If they are not announced by the card company, we don't publish them.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I have a 2010 topps triple threads Justin Upton #44 that says white whale on the back but its not in the beckett, it looks just like a plate but clearly says white whale on the back. Any idea if its just missing from the beckett or what the deal is? Thanks man!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

How can you tell the difference between a 2002 Jose Bautista Bowman Chrome Rookie card and a Jose Bautista Bowman Chrome uncirculated card that has been removed from the grading holder?
Is there any difference on the card itself? and if not, why is the Bowman chrome uncirculated valued less than the circulated ones in the same condition?

Hi Chris - do you guy have a way to verify if a card is authentic - I bought off eBay a 2003 Bowman Draft Robison Cano "BuyBack" Auto card, supposedly seeded as a box-topper in the 2007 Bowman's Best series (photos attached). There is a Holograph sticker on the back, but I've been told by an avid Cano collector that the card is likely a fake and that the sticker could be from another card. The concern he shared is that the auto on my card is not the same as the one's on the cards he has in his collection (he owns a bunch, including /6, /15, /72, /79, /101, /222 and shared photos of those cards with me). in addition, the hand numbering on my card is in a different ink and color from the autograph. What do you recommend I do? Can you help me? Thanks! Bill