`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Hey Chris, I just opened a box of 2011 Gypsy Queen and got a Prince Fielder relic card. While looking at the back of the card I noticed that it reads "CONGRATULATIONS You have just received a Topps Certified Relic Card of Prince Fielder of the Milwaukee Brewers from 2010 Topps Gypsy Queen." Could you let me know if anyone else has experienced the same thing? Let me know if you would like me to send you a scan of the card. Thanks!

(05-02-2011, 08:37 PM)monjita9 Wrote: Hey Chris, I just opened a box of 2011 Gypsy Queen and got a Prince Fielder relic card. While looking at the back of the card I noticed that it reads "CONGRATULATIONS You have just received a Topps Certified Relic Card of Prince Fielder of the Milwaukee Brewers from 2010 Topps Gypsy Queen." Could you let me know if anyone else has experienced the same thing? Let me know if you would like me to send you a scan of the card. Thanks!
If I had to bet, they are all like that.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris,what direction do you see the hobby going in the next couple years?

(05-14-2011, 05:16 PM)98holiday Wrote: Chris,what direction do you see the hobby going in the next couple years?
I think that there has to be a re-setting of things from an economics standpoint. Collectors are being priced out. Heck, card companies are being priced out by licensing fees and autograph fees.

Because of this, I think you might see fewer products with larger press runs and longer odds on "hits" as, clearly, there's been too much of a good thing the last decade or so. So much so that a "good" card just isn't "good enough" for many these days and cards that are costly to obtain memorabilia pieces for just don't fetch what they used to and just don't seem as special.

That said, though, key early cards of new players and vintage megastars will never go out of style.

That's the really short version of what should be a really long answer.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Do you foresee this mem era ever coming to an end ? ( Well as much as they make now a days ).
And going back to the way it used to be ?
If they didn't put so much mem in a product it wouldn't be so expensive to produce.
Me myself. I liked the older cards better. I wish we could get back to those days...

I have a grading Question
I bought a altered 1956 mantle and i needed to know if its gradable?
(05-16-2011, 07:19 PM)renagade_79789 Wrote: I have a grading Question
the card has all 4 corners clipped with scissors

Hey Chris,

I believe I have found an error in the online price guide that's been causing a couple of us confusion. The listing for every card in the 2007 Upper Deck Goudey Diamond Stars set is listed as being numbered out of 5, but it should be numbered out of 15. Only the yellow versions should be numbered to 5.

We just wanted to make you aware to avoid confusion in the future. Thank you!

~Andrew
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(05-16-2011, 07:19 PM)renagade_79789 Wrote: I have a grading Question

the card has all 4 corners clipped with scissors
You can get it graded as "authentic" since it's been trimmed/modified.
(05-17-2011, 04:25 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: Hey Chris,

I believe I have found an error in the online price guide that's been causing a couple of us confusion. The listing for every card in the 2007 Upper Deck Goudey Diamond Stars set is listed as being numbered out of 5, but it should be numbered out of 15. Only the yellow versions should be numbered to 5.

We just wanted to make you aware to avoid confusion in the future. Thank you!

~Andrew
For database issues/discrepencies in baseball, email bfleischer@beckett.com.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

I have a question concerning Beckett's checklist for Topps 1961 Stamps set. Reading Beckett's description of the set, half the stamps are brown, with the other half green. Why does the checklist seem to randomly denote approximately 40 stamps as being brown in color?

hey chris.....i was wondering if you know anything about the 1993 topps finest cards.......is there a green chrome cards in all the all-star cards?......these chrome cards dont have the rainbow effect (a non refractor) ?