Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

How do I post a message on your site?

2000 Topps Gallery Heritage baseball.

Was wondering who is the artist for the gallery set. I have a Chipper Jones (not a card from the set but rather a canvas painting??) with the signature of the artist and is numbered 502-600.

I won the item by way of redemption.

Please help

1959 Topps 100- Bob Cerv has the wrong picture. Mine is a head shot of him.

1959 Topps 100- Bob Cerv has the wrong picture. Mine is a head shot of him.

Chris, I have a question about 2006 Bowman Sterling. I've picked up some refractors (some regular, black and a few gold) and several of them are NOT serial #'d. For some reason I thought there was an announced print run on these and this was normal but I realized that they should have serial #s. All of these in question I picked up from one seller on ebay and when I asked him about it he said "They are replacement cards Topps made to serial number later."

Any insight on this? Thanks.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I was wondering why there are no prices for full sets that have SP's. Topps Heritage and Allen and Ginter are my main interest. Should I take the total of the SP's and add the value of the non-SP base to get a value of a particular set?
[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

What has happened to the Beckett Graded magazine?

1. 2003-fleer tradition basketball triple -crystal and draft day- lebron/milicic/melo is valued more than lebron/wade/melo... this has been like this for years.

2. why does beckett still insist on pricing cards for more than market value.

3. how can a 1960 topps carl yastrzemski stil basically be worth the same it was in 1986.

4. how can any game used of a common player in a one per box be valued at more than a dollar??

5. when is beckett going to be truthful and just and come out say a product is worthless and a $100 pack equates to 5 dollars on ebay?

6. why has beckett never aknowleged 1948 topps magic photos as the first topps set.

7.your website has more bugs than an african night, you admit it say your fixing it, but will the new website still be the same?

8. why do you have incompatent people pricing cards???, seems like these people do no research whatsoever, you must not pay them enough. research does not just include lebron jeter tiger strasburg, or whatever is hot at the time, it includes scouring shows, EBAY, and other websites, seems like they just look at last months issue. i could do a show in pittsburgh and even ryan doumits mother wouldn't pay 12 dollars for his jersey card. BE HONEST!!!!!! we don't want sugar coating.

jimpalmer Wrote:ryan doumits mother wouldn't pay 12 dollars for his jersey card.

I would. Actually I would pay much, much more (you would be shocked) for the 2009 Topps Unique Jumbo Patch card of his. Different strokes my friend.

If you go to Pit card shows and find one of these I have quite a few Jim Palmer cards as the Orioles are my favorite team, but Doumit is my favorite current player.

i'm not talking about jumbo or serial numbered and doumit was just in my head, im taling about a plain old regular tiny game worn "memorbilia" card that are easier to get than most inserts.

iujapander Wrote:
jimpalmer Wrote:ryan doumits mother wouldn't pay 12 dollars for his jersey card.

I would. Actually I would pay much, much more (you would be shocked) for the 2009 Topps Unique Jumbo Patch card of his. Different strokes my friend.

If you go to Pit card shows and find one of these I have quite a few Jim Palmer cards as the Orioles are my favorite team, but Doumit is my favorite current player.