Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

i have a couple of questions.

1. i have some 1998 marvel comic cards graded by Beckett, i can look them up but when i go to put them in my org they are not listed. how / who can fix this problem?

2. when i was loading my graded cards the other day i came across about 20 that had a message come up that said the serial number had been changed. who do i talk to about this issue?

3. when i was loading my graded cards the other day, i could not find the card is not listed in the Beckett check list any where and the lable has card #4 on it but the card say's #3. who can fix this issue?

4. how come when i send an email to customer service it takes them more then a week to get back to me or they don't even reply to my email? ( Ex. i receved 4 cards back with the wrong ilable i sent an email to Beckett no reply so i deceided to call it took 3 days to get a hold of someone on the phone.) is that the norm for customer service?

tysongavin Wrote:Chris,
Can you help me with this:

On Brennan Boesch's 2007 bowman card he is in a padre uniform. When did he ever play for any part of the padres organization? He was drafted by detroit from the get go. Is this card an UER and has a picture of another player?

Just wierd that this is his first Bowman Chrome card and will be a good one if he continues and no one else has picked up on this.

Thank you,
Tyson

It appears that card is airbrushed... the Padres logo digitally placed onto the card. Ironically, they put him with the wrong team. I'm not sure if that is him or not in the photo, but it should be an UER either way. 
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

TravisThomas Wrote:I have a 2010 Topps Mickey Mantle The Cards Your Mom Threw Out bought from a series 1 pack which has the card number CMT-17 and #280 1968 TOPPS dosent match up in the Beckett there is a MTO17 and that comes from series 1?????

Sounds like you got an original back version. If the card looks like the back of a 1968 Topps card and has his stats, then that's what it is. They are rarer versions of these cards. (Check the wrapper for odds.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

For grading problems, contact Mark Anderson or Jeromy Murray.

manderson@beckett.com or jmurray@beckett.com

They might be able to answer the grading database issues, too. I don't know.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Chris,I was wondering if beckett will ever start adding the Redman Tobacco Cards to the price list,also is there anyway to findout prices for Famous Fabric First Edition Cards,I enjoy the Baseball Card Forum alot,thanks Chris.
Looking for RC''s,AUTO's and GU for(MLB)- Jason Heyward,Martin Prado,Robinson Ca
no,Derek Jeter,(NFL) -Aaron Rodgers,Ryan Mathews and DeAngelo Williiams (NHL) -M
ike Cammalleri and Tyler Myers!

Chris,

With the popularity of 'Game Used' products, how long before someone makes a 'Game-Used Jock Strap' card?

Haha,thats a funny questionemoticon !
Looking for RC''s,AUTO's and GU for(MLB)- Jason Heyward,Martin Prado,Robinson Ca
no,Derek Jeter,(NFL) -Aaron Rodgers,Ryan Mathews and DeAngelo Williiams (NHL) -M
ike Cammalleri and Tyler Myers!

NEED:
2006 SP AUTHENTIC Albert Pujols #/5(all except "U") #/10(M-V)
2006 SP AU
THENTIC Derek Jeter #/6 (J-E-E-R)

[Image: USAStrasburg.jpg]

2007 SP Authentic Auto Letters Hanley Ramirez.

Trying to find out why some letters #/50 have gold signatures and others have silver signatures. What do the #/50 letters spell?

Also some are #/25.  an "I" and "O", what do the spell?

Thanks
NEED:
2006 SP AUTHENTIC Albert Pujols #/5(all except "U") #/10(M-V)
2006 SP AU
THENTIC Derek Jeter #/6 (J-E-E-R)

[Image: USAStrasburg.jpg]