`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

Ok I purchased the online Beckett in baseball and am not very happy because there is nothing on this player stating RC next to his name.  I need to know what is the true rookie year for the awesome 17 year old Catcher Bryce Harper for Southern Nevada.   It list his cards but there is no RC next to any of them and I checked all of them.  I realize hes not been drafted yet but I don't think the 2010 will be true rookies since hes got cards in 2008 and 2009 will they?  What would be considered his true rookie is what I need to know?

I would think it's when he is a rookie in MLB. So if not drafted then no rookie.
[Image: scan0002-1.jpg]
I collect Bears,Titans,Cubs,Predators Less than 15 completed trades,
you send first. Min trade value $20
David Price,Sandberg,Ron Santo, Jim McMahon

borail1 Wrote:Ok I purchased the online Beckett in baseball and am not very happy because there is nothing on this player stating RC next to his name.  I need to know what is the true rookie year for the awesome 17 year old Catcher Bryce Harper for Southern Nevada.   It list his cards but there is no RC next to any of them and I checked all of them.  I realize hes not been drafted yet but I don't think the 2010 will be true rookies since hes got cards in 2008 and 2009 will they?  What would be considered his true rookie is what I need to know?

He doesn't have a rookie card yet because the standard hobby definition for that is a standard card in a regular issue pro set. All cards of him thus far are considered to be prospect cards or more like minor league cards because he's not a pro shown in an MLB uniform. Once drafted, he will have MLB prospect cards only in Bowman sets (which many consider to be more of an RC) but by MLB's preferences RCs are those showing in an MLB uni AFTER one has played in an MLB game.

As for his first card, I'd lean toward his 2008 USA and his Aflac.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

GarrettTD23 Wrote:What can users do if they spot an error in the Beckett system?

customerservice@beckett.com

That will get it routed to the right person(s).
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

dabears525 Wrote:Hi Chris,
Do you include any book reviews in your Beckett Baseball magazine? I've recently read a new book written about Harry Kalas by Randy Miller. If you are either a Phillies or Harry fan this is a must read. Although most baseball fans will enjoy too. It contains great stories of his legendary life.
If interested, I can.put you in touch with the author.
Thanks

It's been considered by me for Baseball. However, I have a stack of books I haven't even thought about chipping away at myself.  We may explore it in a small fashion in future.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

spazmatastic Wrote:Have you seen the post about the 2008 UD X Memorabilia cards? That post has been going on for a longgggg time. We are all wondering why there still isn't a value in the OPG. I understand the mag. not having prices after all this time. Can you guys PLZ read the post and try to get back to us about it?!

From Baseball Analyst Brian Fleischer (bfleischer@beckett.com):

It's a 100-card set and in two years, we only have 20 total confirmed sales for the whole set. If they have some sales they'd like to report, I'd be more than happy to get them in the database.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

iconms Wrote:I have a question about 2 cards I'm trying to add to My Organize. They are both 2008 Stadium Club Evan Longoria #108. One is the regular and the other is the photoday variation. However, they are BOTH 1st day issue cards. In the Beckett database there doesn't seem to be a listing for a 1st day issue photoday version. Also, neither is serial #'d. Any info on these cards would be much appreciated.

Hi Chris, sorry to repeat my question but I think it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I believe the first card I mentioned is linked below but I think there needs to be a listing in the OPG for the photoday version of it

http://beta.beckett.com/item/7033132/Bas...?tab=Price
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

i have a collection i would like to send in to be in beckett and was wondering how i would do that?

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

Are you still taking submissions for the "Super Collector" section in the BSCM that I'm seeing the past couple month? Not only is it a great idea, I think my Dontrelle Willis collection may be eligible to be featured. Please let me know back thru a personal message in case I forgot to check this thread for a lil while.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/d...ection/ />
I am always looking for Dtrains & now also Patrick Willis.
[Image: WillisBanner.png]

i have two uncut sheets of the 1991 donruss preview cards given to me by and employee of Donruss Memphis in the early 1990's in thanks of work i did there. I have never seen an uncut sheet of these cards. has anyone else? Does beckett grading do any uncut sheet grading or verification. These sheets have the marks on there for the printer or machine to cut them so i know these were from production . i know the preview cards were give aways to shops and supposedly low run production. any idea of how low? these are the cards with the plain type black and white back with the players name and the word preview on it.