`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
When is the next submission time frame for the Super / Unique Collector Contest for Beckett ?????
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

When is the submission time frame for the Super / Unique Collector contest for 2014 ????
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

In reviewing my 1962 TOPPS baseball cards I came across two cards with the wrong player photo on the card. I have checked with my local dealer and an online dealer regarding these cards and they could not document any mention of the cards in Becketts. I am including scans of the front and backs of the cards. I wonder how to classify them. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Donruss 2014 baseball - why are the low-numbered rookie cards listed as RC in the price guide, but the high numbered ones (e.g., 338 Kolten Wong) are not?
Thanks

(07-18-2014, 07:13 AM)rollx8 Wrote: When is the submission time frame for the Super / Unique Collector contest for 2014 ????
It's coming this fall if we do it at all. Best advice is to send any time.
(08-23-2014, 05:47 PM)dptimmis Wrote: In reviewing my 1962 TOPPS baseball cards I came across two cards with the wrong player photo on the card. I have checked with my local dealer and an online dealer regarding these cards and they could not document any mention of the cards in Becketts. I am including scans of the front and backs of the cards. I wonder how to classify them. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Look like simple wrongbacks to me.
(08-31-2014, 11:22 AM)cwqjr Wrote: Donruss 2014 baseball - why are the low-numbered rookie cards listed as RC in the price guide, but the high numbered ones (e.g., 338 Kolten Wong) are not?
Thanks
Likely an oversight on the import. Email me -- colds@beckett.com -- and I will forward to those who handle that.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Hi. I've been listing my cards in "organize," and have a question about an Upper Deck Challengers for 70 card. The card is Mo Vaughn and the number on the back clearly says "B6" but I find no B's at all in the price guide. Do you have any idea? Thanks.

(09-07-2014, 02:04 PM)BenSassy Wrote: Hi. I've been listing my cards in "organize," and have a question about an Upper Deck Challengers for 70 card. The card is Mo Vaughn and the number on the back clearly says "B6" but I find no B's at all in the price guide. Do you have any idea? Thanks.
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=Uppe...m=extended

it's just "6" in the database, even though your card is labeled b6

How do I tell the difference between a 1989 Bowman #426 Barry Bonds card and a Bowman Tiffany (same number). They look just alike to me, so I don't know which one I have? Thank you.

tiffany has a glossy front and a brighter stock of card on the bacl. it's pretty pobvious. you most likely have the regular bowman

Thanks for answering my previous questions so quickly. I have a 1998 Score #93 D. Erstad card. On the back it has just 93 with no letters in front of it. However, it has the Showcase emblem on the back. Please tell me this is an error card. Please?